Found small gold nugget and Lead whats-it Saturday

yrekadude

Elite Member
Yesterday I went on a cool group outing to Weaverville CA hosted by CGT Prospecting Adventures. Lots of people from my local group Shasta Miners and Prospectors plus some GPAA folks joined - it was a fun day!

I found a small 0.21 gram nugget within the first 5 minutes of hunting, then no more nuggest the rest of the day. I did find a cool lead thing I think may be a lead seal? Have a look:

Nugget:

picture.php

Lead Thing Pic 1/3:

picture.php

Lead Thing Pic 2/3

picture.php

Lead Thing Pic 3/3

picture.php

Some from the group think that it was a lead seal for some product and likely there was string feeding through the top to bottom and through the sides..

Anyone know? Strangley I'm more interested in the lead thing..

P.S. the gold nugget rang up 0,1,2 in Gold one on My Equinox 800

Thanks for looking! Was a really good day.. lots of friendly people young and old.

Got an ID from a facebook group that's all into these lead seals..

U.S.A. Customs Seal, New York
New York Customs Seal, Image & Found by Plodite.
Found in Kent in the Maidstone area, 31mm, 41.8g.

"New York Custom House Seal, which says In bond on reverse."

From Alexander Hamilton U.S. Custom House OSRAM SYLVANIA
"Jul 31, 1789 - The Alexander Hamilton US Custom House was established by the Fifth Act of the First Congress of the United States on July 31, 1789, and today, as US Customs Border Protection under the Department of Homeland Security, it remains the nation's oldest ...The Alexander Hamilton US Custom House was established by the Fifth Act of the First Congress of the United States on July 31, 1789, and today, as US Customs Border Protection under the Department of Homeland Security, it remains the nation's oldest federal agency. The monumental US Custom House building sits prominently on Bowling Green in New York City's Battery Park."

Pics of a cleaner specimen:

picture.php

picture.php

Do you feel that 6ā€ is a massive improvement over the 11ā€ for nugget shooting? I would assume so but havenā€™t tried myself.

Do you feel that 6ā€ is a massive improvement over the 11ā€ for nugget shooting? I would assume so but havenā€™t tried myself.

There were lots of bushes and things, so for maneuverability alone I think it was better. There are certain areas nearby that I'd rather use the stock coil for a little more depth. Will see as a friend and I might return to the same spot this weekend :D

Back
Top Bottom