• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Token, ring and a gun

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
I went back to the little town where I dug the Walker 3 or 4 weeks ago in the hopes of getting a permission or two. There was finally someone at one of the houses I've wanted to detect since the first time I went there.
I got permission from the guy who takes care of the place for another guy.
I was expecting early 1900's type stuff but I think the yard had been redone or fill was added back in the 1940's. Still was a decent hunt. Not pictured are 1 Rosie, 9 later wheats and a bunch of clad. I figured you folks have seen plenty of that stuff. I did however add a picture of one of the best wheatie imprints I've seen yet.
13d083b97f0d7ba492d17a9df5790012.jpg
02674e12268bc5e0f288b90ec48fa804.jpg
c2b75850cccf329ff987483de458f39d.jpg
ce5d9068f6a835510cef8c8c572e2b7f.jpg
ac9c9ea319ad80eaf42499b00e8b8128.jpg
36b09f43e9076943c2fdcecc716eab74.jpg
777eb4c70002b4e512df5884b5e8bd2a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Love that imprint.
For some reason I forgot, Air Force Mike and I call those "Mike's"
I think it had something to do with him finding a few like that in one hunt...

TP, Very cool token and I dug the same gun a while back. The imprint is always a welcome sight when you flip a plug, gives you an idea of whats coming. Congrats on some fine hunting and good luck, Mark

Love that imprint.

For some reason I forgot, Air Force Mike and I call those "Mike's"

I think it had something to do with him finding a few like that in one hunt...
Thanks matmit! I've never seen one that detailed before....or detailed at all for that matter.

TP, Very cool token and I dug the same gun a while back. The imprint is always a welcome sight when you flip a plug, gives you an idea of whats coming. Congrats on some fine hunting and good luck, Mark
Thanks mark! Tokens are by far my favorite thing to dig so this one was a welcome surprise being i figured the yard was just a hair to late to have any tokens in it. I think it took a kiss from a mower long ago....I was able to clean it up and fix the ding fairly well though.

Very productive spot, ring is a "on my" for sure.
Might want to poke around for bottle dump.
Has to be big flat silver, walkers and such

Nice finds, Tundra, and I agree with Groundsweeper about the stone.

Very productive spot, ring is a "on my" for sure.

Might want to poke around for bottle dump.

Has to be big flat silver, walkers and such
I hunted it pretty thoroughly so I imagine there's probably not much left to find. The older guy that was there said I could hunt it whenever so I imagine I'll go back again sometime. He is one of those cool old guys that said "If anyone gives you a hard time, tell them Bob said it was okay."

Back
Top Bottom