• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Last 2 Hunts: Jada Pinkett Smith’s Earring and 3 Silvers after an Argument

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Last Sunday, I headed unusually South from my starting point on Miami Beach. Normally I head North but about once a year I’ll change it up. I saw 2 other hunters out there. Not the number of targets I expect after a 5-hour hunt, so I was a bit disappointed. What was even more disappointing is I managed to lose 2 other junk rings (one being a very nice tungsten) out of my finds pouch from the hidden interior ring pocket. I had never had that happen before. Over the following few days, I examined the pouch a few times for holes but there are none. Real mystery there for me. :?:

Friday, I had planned on taking off immediately after work and get to the beach, but I was delayed in having to deal with a school bus issue. :mad: Low tide was around 12:30 so I knew that it was going to impact my hunt. I was finally in the water at about 3:15 pm. Within an hour it was a little stormy and there were a few strikes of some offshore lightening. :raincloud: Then a Fire-Rescue guy in his truck blasts his horn and calls me over. He tells me “the water is closed”. :foottap: I proceeded to argue with him but eventually give up as I don’t want to waste any more time and get into another confrontation if he calls a police officer over. :police: My hunt wasn’t it going well so I start heading out but walking near the shore. It then occurred to me to just leave his jurisdiction, so I did! I walked about 10 minutes and was off that property and onto another beach that nobody could tell me anything about any risk that I was willing to take. (The storm was over within about an hour). Not too many targets as well on this hunt but the 3 silvers were a nice end to a rough Friday.

Attachments

• 5-2-21.jpg
    5-2-21.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 339
  • 5-7-21.jpg
    5-7-21.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 362
  • 5-7-21 Silvers.jpg
    5-7-21 Silvers.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 329
  • 5-7-21 Coins.jpg
    5-7-21 Coins.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 330
5/7 Hunt.

Why did you count junk towards your totals? take that 4 off...

At least you pulled some silver... :yes:

Why did you count junk towards your totals? take that 4 off…

Gotta agree with Craig here. Geez… I wouldn’t give those Felix’s to the bum on the corner. If I can’t spend it, I don’t count it.

Was Fire-Rescue telling you to get out of the water due to the lightening?

R5

Was Fire-Rescue telling you to get out of the water due to the lightening?
R5
Yes. And I understand but if I am willing to take the risk that's on me. It was way off-shore. I really didn't want to argue on Riparian Rights and all that baloney which he's probably not that familiar with anyway. Telling me the "water is closed" is BS. Did he go tell the boat that was just off-shore that the "water is closed"? :roll: I just wanted to have a peaceful hunt and not go through any hassles so I abided.

Yes. And I understand but if I am willing to take the risk that's on me. It was way off-shore. I really didn't want to argue on Riparian Rights and all that baloney which he's probably not that familiar with anyway. Telling me the "water is closed" is BS. Did he go tell the boat that was just off-shore that the "water is closed"? :roll: I just wanted to have a peaceful hunt and not go through any hassles so I abided.

Do you know lightning can travel up to 25 miles? You should know :yes:

https://www.ajc.com/news/national/l...e-you-have-get-struck/BO8NS7jpsbQB2v4nyRgRfM/

If you got struck who am I going to send what I send you on FakeBook? :lol:

Love the purple stone in that silver ring. So....everybody did the wave and then you threw the hail mary.....and got that ring ! Nice way to end the day, Felix ! (I realize the inaccuracies of my comparisons....but it's close enough)

Public Safety

I am sure that cop wasn't their to give you a hard time, it was a matter of public safety , lightning was the nail in the coffin , giving them a hard time , could result in loosing detector right's , should have left , without loose lips :p :shock::jawdrop::hornetsnest::dingding: I hunted yesterday , looking for the 1/2 pennies , two sinkers , ship wreck iron, a chewed up new style felix 1/2 penny :laughing: , that was about it , agree with the boys , Tungsten Carbide junk ring's DON'T count :pirate2:

Detecting can be really odd on some occasions. You always word your posts well, I enjoy them very much.
Missing rings? I think you only thought you put them in the interior ring compartment.

Back
Top Bottom