Can You Dig It? Show Me Them Shovels!

Swing4TheRing

Forum Supporter
Just got set up with my new Grave Diggers!! Can't wait to add some dirt to em'! What all do you use to retrieve your treasures?

Attachments

• IMG_0961.jpg
    IMG_0961.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 646
  • IMG_0962.jpg
    IMG_0962.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 610
  • IMG_0963.jpg
    IMG_0963.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 592
  • IMG_0965.jpg
    IMG_0965.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 598
"nasty!" I use "Sampson" 31" t-handle! love it!
great plugger.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

X2. Best purpose built shovel made. Are there others? Of course. I also have a Predator Barracuda 55. The Sampson just checks ALL of the boxes...size, ability, cost, durability....a very complete shovel!

I have one of those folding camp shovels and a good garden trowel.

Predator Barracuda fan here. I've tried just about all of them. Though I have not tried a grave digger. When the predator fails, maybe I'll try one out. Let us know how the grave digger works out for you guys!

28" Lil' Digger and Nokta Makro hand digger.

The bigger shovel gives me neater plugs.

Love the look of your shovels!

That leather with copper rivets is beautiful also.
Yes a big sharp shovel with teeth scares people but you can sure make a much nicer plug with it. Also the teeth on my lesche are on the left which is correct for me. did not know they come left or right for years.

Attachments

• Predator parana 008 (Small).JPG
    Predator parana 008 (Small).JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 513
X2. Best purpose built shovel made. Are there others? Of course. I also have a Predator Barracuda 55. The Sampson just checks ALL of the boxes...size, ability, cost, durability....a very complete shovel!

Add my name to the Sampson 31" list. I've used several others, but the 31" and 28" Sampsons are my staples. My 31" was wonderful from first dig.

Those Gravedigger shovels are just works of art that work. I mean you could seriously hang one on your living room wall as display piece. I have a black nemesis and absolutely love it. It's bomb proof.

No shovel here... still getting down and cutting each plug by hand! I always double cut my lesche so I can cut right through any small roots... yes I am older, yes I have a bad back, yes I have arthritis... and yes I still enjoy cutting 100-200 plugs on a good day!
EhhucHJ.jpg

Just got set up with my new Grave Diggers!! Can't wait to add some dirt to em'! What all do you use to retrieve your treasures?

Some might not know, Swing4TheRing actually has a blog. That picture is VERY blog-worthy! Hey, ever considered being a photographer? :lol:

Josh

No shovel here... still getting down and cutting each plug by hand! I always double cut my lesche so I can cut right through any small roots... yes I am older, yes I have a bad back, yes I have arthritis... and yes I still enjoy cutting 100-200 plugs on a good day!
EhhucHJ.jpg

Wow. That is one sharp lesche! It's modded, right? (pun intenened)

Josh

Swing4TheRing actually has a blog

Some might not know, Swing4TheRing actually has a blog. That picture is VERY blog-worthy! Hey, ever considered being a photographer? :lol:

Josh

just checked some out, he did a good one on digging plugs . (Metal Detecting - Cut The Perfect Plug While Digging ) be good for new members to see.

Back
Top Bottom