Thrift goodies

aviationgale

Elite Member
Haven't been posting as it seems like no one is really interested, which is fine. But I had to show today's finds which only cost me $6.00 and one from the other week which was a $1.00. Today I found all the silver. Had to do some shopping in the next town over so the hubby stops at a few places. One is fairly new, that one I got the "family" chain and pendant. The other at a regular place I stop at quite frequently. I really like the curb link on that one. So I get home and this guy I've been dealing with wants to buy a small 1/12 carat Platinaire diamond ring, okay lets meet. I get $50.00 for it, cool. I leave and decide to hit the thrift shop down the street. Well bam don't I get the bracelet, and 3 sets of earrings. Easily another $60.00++ Oh the ring I sold I actually found on the side of the road a few years back while turning the motorcycle around. The gold necklace is a real beauty and was at a place I go to once a week. I took a picture of it next to a 10kt. and an 18 kt. it is marked 10 kt. but it is so rich in color.

Attachments

• 0126211715_copy_780x1040.jpg
    0126211715_copy_780x1040.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 997
  • 0126211715a_copy_780x1040.jpg
    0126211715a_copy_780x1040.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 958
  • 0126211721_Burst01_copy_780x1040.jpg
    0126211721_Burst01_copy_780x1040.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 936
  • 0126211722_copy_780x1040.jpg
    0126211722_copy_780x1040.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 956
Great eye!
The bear bracelet reminds me of a Scandinavian design, but stamped mexico?
6 bucks spent, you're killing it!

Great eye!
The bear bracelet reminds me of a Scandinavian design, but stamped mexico?
6 bucks spent, you're killing it!

Thanks Zee I have found a TON of stuff these last few months but today was wild. The bears remind me of Native American jewrlry.

I am a fan of thrift stores but i have never run across any PM jewelry. You must have a eye for seeing good stuff. Nice batch of finds.

I am a fan of thrift stores but i have never run across any PM jewelry. You must have a eye for seeing good stuff. Nice batch of finds.

Actually I kinda do. I've been doing this forever and it just jumps out at me. One secret is if you are looking for silver, don't by pass the ugly and tarnished. That is usually the silver. When they are putting it out they think it is junk, usually isn't.....

Thrift store finds!

Nice Finds especially the gold!! I find more gold and silver jewelry at flea markets and yard sales than I do detecting. It's always fun to get great deals.
Many people don't know and don't care what they have at these sales!

Nice Finds especially the gold!! I find more gold and silver jewelry at flea markets and yard sales than I do detecting. It's always fun to get great deals.
Many people don't know and don't care what they have at these sales!

You are certainly right on that. People just don't look at their stuff, I just don't get it, but hey, better for me. Gold I never part with, silver I'm beginning to sell and I'm doing pretty good..cha-ching..lol

Lucky

Well, maybe a good eye counts for something. Congrats. I have a friend who a month ago, spent three dollars on, I forget what it was, but she sold it for scrap gold, $450.00. And the next week she made another find and another $150.00. She has turned cold for the last few weeks. I've looked for gold a few times, but the fake and real all looks the same to me, so I loose interest.
HH eveyone

Congrats on the finds. I do find it interesting and appreciate your posts.

Thank you it is fun. I'd much rather be detecting and finding it there but with this virus I don't door knock. I know people are freaked out because of it and well I don't blame them at all. So this is all I have for the moment, and it paid off again 2 days ago. I found a gold ring with "pink ice" (90' s) had me going for a bit. Tested when I got home...10 kt.

Well, maybe a good eye counts for something. Congrats. I have a friend who a month ago, spent three dollars on, I forget what it was, but she sold it for scrap gold, $450.00. And the next week she made another find and another $150.00. She has turned cold for the last few weeks. I've looked for gold a few times, but the fake and real all looks the same to me, so I loose interest.
HH eveyone
Wow that's super. Don't give up its out there. The ring I found 2 days ago had 417M. Had me stumped at first but looking at the way it was "worn" and nothing but gold showing I Bought it, tested 10 kt. I never sell my gold I just like it too much...lol HH

Back
Top Bottom