Quest Q20 & Q30

Minero

Hi,

Has anybody used or tested the the Quest Q20 or Q30?
Seems like they carry quite a package for the price.
Even looks to be better than the simplex.

Hope to get some info.

Cheers

Minero: said:
Hi,

Has anybody used or tested the the Quest Q20 or Q30?
Seems like they carry quite a package for the price.
Even looks to be better than the simplex.

Hope to get some info.

Cheers
Haven't used or tested either. I have checked out a lot of You Tube and other videos, and yes, they seem impressive ... However ...

In over half-a-century of enjoying this great sport there have been a lot of detectors that looked OK or seemed to have acceptable performance demonstration afield in videos, but I do what I can to look into local dealers who might carry a product. To the main source, known as a Distributor ... who is local to this country who I can call and e-mail and talk with to get the best direct information. When that's lacking, I tend to lose interest.

Monte

I have the Q30 and it separates coins from trash fairly good. The ID numbers on it are better than the wonder all detector that everyone raves about .... that would be the Equinox with poor ID numbers.

Deteknix was a Chinese company that stole software that was created by First Texas' used in their T2 machine.

First Texas filed a copyright infringement lawsuit against Deteknix.

They all settled.

Deteknix "went away" and popped back up as Quest.

I personally won't buy their products because of that theft of intellectual property, but to each his/her own.

Deteknix was a Chinese company that stole software that was created by First Texas' used in their T2 machine.

They all settled.

I personally won't buy their products because of that theft of intellectual property, but to each his/her own.

Kinda like extreme scoops and stealth! :lol:

Josh

I have the Q30 and it separates coins from trash fairly good. The ID numbers on it are better than the wonder all detector that everyone raves about .... that would be the Equinox with poor ID numbers.

I'm curious about the Quest detectors. They seem to offer a lot for the money and they even have a smartphone app which AFAIK nobody else has. But you don't hear a lot about them around here or the other forums either. There is dealer not far from me that has them in stock, I may have to check them out.

I owned a Quest Q40 for awhile and still own some of Quest’s wireless headphones and transmitters. The Q40 was a perfectly good detector that acted much like a Teknetics T2 (see the post above by Dave E) which means that where I detect which is mostly high mineralization, the target IDs were unreliable on low and mid conductors on anything deeper than 3” just like on the T2, F75 and all other single frequency detectors. There is nothing magical about the Q20 and Q30’s target ID capabilities either. I have used a Q30 and it will lose target ID accuracy in high mineralization just like my Q40 did...........everything got up-averaged into the silver range the deeper the target was or had no ID.

My only problem with owning a Quest detector at the moment is where do I send it for warranty repair? Quest USA is still (at least the last time I checked) in litigation with First Texas Products since they broke the rules of their first settlement mentioned by Dave E above. They are not allowed to have any kind of business offices or manufacturing in the USA. Whether they have contracted with someone to do their USA repairs, I don’t know. If I were to consider buying one of the detectors new, I would first find out if and who is handling their warranty service in the USA.

The fact that Quest/Deteknix seems to have survived two lawsuits with First Texas and the current pandemic, speaks well of their determination to produce good quality products (hopefully not infringing on copyrights) that must be selling well somewhere.

They all settled.

They originally said that about the Makro Racer when it was first launched as well ... however they were wrong in that instant -
No doubt that caused damage to Makro's name at the time, yet they got over it and moved on as did deteknix/Quest -

Both now are producing top quality products, while First Texas must be busy counting their money - :D

Back
Top Bottom