• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Good things come in 3s AGAIN

markinswpa

Forum Supporter
Who believes in karma ? I do or at the very least there is some strange stuff that goes on in this hobby. My last hunt to a city park where I dug silver, I dug 3 silver, three Ihps and 3 Wheats and a skeleton key. Let me back up a little, with that hunt I hit 26 silver fty and that put me where I was last year at lockdown and my fear was I may lanquish there like I did until Nov. My return to that park gave up little, a scout slide, a couple tags and a minimal amount of clad. I did find a 5 dollar bill in the parking lot headed back to the truck. Not a bad hunt but I have been spoiled lately. So a permission I had been hoping for that the guy told me he would have to think about and to stop back was a no and feeling a little dejected I stopped at the local market on the way home. The coinstar machine is watched over closely by one of the employees and I have never got one decent coin out of it but he lets me know all the silver and wheats he finds when I share pics of my shiny digs. So that day as I go by the coinstar I look in the reject tray, only one coin in there, damn looks like a silver dime. Ya buddy, a 64 Rosie, a little consolation prize for me. I'll be sure to rub it in a little next time I stop.
So back to thing in 3s, I have did most of the house's on my street but a small place a couple doors down there lived a cranky old guy who wouldn't talk to anyone. Well he passed a year or so ago and the neighbors told me to just go and do it but I just don't feel right if I haven't been granted permission. Yesterday I saw some people cleaning the place out, I stopped and the woman told me she the caretaker of the estate and I was welcome to go over the property. Very small front yard gave up a wheat and 2 memorials. A deeper 26-28 I thought was a clad dime felt more like a crusty rotting zincoln. More on that later. Down back most of the yard was so grown over with vines and weeds it was almost impossible to detect. And the grassy areas had low hanging trees over them. After a memorial or two a scratchy 26 gave up a worn Merc. Alright # 27 and I passed the stall and moving on. Now I'm down on my knees underneath the low hanging branches and I get a good 26-27 and see a 64 Rosie. Now I'm at #28 fty, my dismal silver take for all of 2020. If I dig one more I can put 2020 in the rearview. Under another tree a like signal gives up a 46 Rosie. Cool bookend Rosies, first and last year. Now going over the area again I get a shallow 19-20, my first thought a zincoln but as I rub the back and see one cent with a wreath I realize its an Ihp. Wow this house was built in 1941. I dug a few wheats and one deeper one turned out to be a 1919. Another 19-20 was an old skeleton key. And on the side of the house I get a decent 35-36, 90% sure a coin signal, 7 1/2 maybe 8 inches down I saw laying flat a copper, dang another Ihp, an 1893. It wasn't till I got home that I realize that crusty 26-28 in the front yard was another Ihp. So now this hunt as with my last hunt to give up silver I get three, also Ihps, I dig three, wheats, well I did dig four this time but don't forget the skeleton keys which I never hardly dig any. Ok maybe I'm weird but to me I see a lot of coincidences in this hobby. If you got this far thanks for looking in. Mark

Attachments

• 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 648
  • 20210507_181927-1.jpg
    20210507_181927-1.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 633
  • 20210511_184219.jpg
    20210511_184219.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 624
  • 20210511_185607.jpg
    20210511_185607.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 629
Mark, congrats on cranking out the good finds every which way! And to top it off to finding the right kind of Lincoln...the cash kind. They say cash is king but those silvers sure might be a close second.

A lot of good stuff there , quite a variety ! Congrats !

SS thank you, for not much huntable ground it did give up some goodies. Good luck, Mark

Awesome hunting Mark, gotta love when paper money shows up! Congrats!

Jeff thanks, that was the first cash I found while mding. There was a ballgame going on right above the parking lot and some poor kid probably lost his spend money. Good luck, Mark

Mark, congrats on cranking out the good finds every which way! And to top it off to finding the right kind of Lincoln...the cash kind. They say cash is king but those silvers sure might be a close second.

John thanks and absolutely, In God we trust, all others pay cash. Cash is still king but there a those out there that would put an end to paper and coin money if they could. The $5 and the coinstar hit and 10 silvers in the last 4 hunts I would have to say my luck has been pretty darn good lately. Good luck, Mark

Nice Mark, way to stick to it and get some well deserved shiny coins, Indians, and wheats! I've not been out much here in the last month, too much "life" going on to detect sorry to say.

No wonder that old dude was so cranky! He knew there were goodies in his yard and was just saving them for the time when someone like you could come along and nab em! HA HA:laughing::laughing: Royal Congrats on some great finds! Just because a house was built at a certain time does not mean folks are not carrying older circulating coins in their pockets!

Congrats on the silver and IHP'S.

MidTN Thank you sir and good luck and good hunting to you. Mark

Dang Mark you’re kickin butt! Congrats on all your triples!

Toad thanks, no denying Lady Luck has been shining down on me, I hope its a long term affair. Haha. Good luck, Mark

Nice Mark, way to stick to it and get some well deserved shiny coins, Indians, and wheats! I've not been out much here in the last month, too much "life" going on to detect sorry to say.

Thanks LTS, sorry to hear your dirtfishing time has been limited, hopefully time will be more accommodating in the near future. Good luck, Mark

No wonder that old dude was so cranky! He knew there were goodies in his yard and was just saving them for the time when someone like you could come along and nab em! HA HA:laughing::laughing: Royal Congrats on some great finds! Just because a house was built at a certain time does not mean folks are not carrying older circulating coins in their pockets!

KT Thanks and I believe you are correct, not uncommon to have a 50 or 60 year old coin in your pocket. So for one of the builders or the first owners it would be like us dropping a memorial from the 70s. Good luck, Mark

Nice haul Mark!!

Steve thanks, I hope my streak continues. Good luck, Mark

Wow i would be happy if my cool finds came in ones! I am intrigued by that slide, i have seen Wolf and Bear... there is Bobcat but i thought the Bobcat looked different than the one you found. Maybe it is Tiger Cub now that i think about it, that's something they started long after my Scout days.

Wow i would be happy if my cool finds came in ones! I am intrigued by that slide, i have seen Wolf and Bear... there is Bobcat but i thought the Bobcat looked different than the one you found. Maybe it is Tiger Cub now that i think about it, that's something they started long after my Scout days.

Iggy thanks, keep digging the cool finds will come. As far as the scout slide, not sure what it signifies.The signal was a shallow one and most likely a twist cap almost passed but I had dug a shallow Ihp the previous hunt so I took a chance. Good luck, Mark

Fun story and congrats on all the finds.

Jason thanks. What are you going to use when you wear that Etrac out ? Ha ha.Good luck, Mark

Iggy thanks, keep digging the cool finds will come. As far as the scout slide, not sure what it signifies.The signal was a shallow one and most likely a twist cap almost passed but I had dug a shallow Ihp the previous hunt so I took a chance. Good luck, Mark

Jason thanks. What are you going to use when you wear that Etrac out ? Ha ha.Good luck, Mark

I have 2 etracs haha

Back
Top Bottom