Bucketlister! My first seated half dime!

Congrats and welcome to the club! Yours is in amazing shape and as someone else mentioned it is a plus that it isn't holed.

I've found 2 over 10 years and both were surprises. Like you, I thought I was digging a wheatie and even after seeing the rim, still had no clue what it was. I thought the first one was an aluminum washer or rivet and the second one thought it was a play coin. Always a nice surprise!

Congratulations. That is an amazing find.

Thanks

Congrats! Due to their miniscule size, half dimes are one of the toughest coins to dig. I've only found two in my eight years of metal detecting. Yours is really nice because it hasn't been holed, which was a common thing to do back then.

Thanks, I had never held one and was quite shocked with how small it is.

What a nice little surprise and it's a beauty!:holycow:

Thanks

Congrats on a fantastic find !

Thanks

I was also going to say, you just missed capped bust. That thing is in remarkable shape, congrats !

Thanks

Welcome to the exclusive and elite "half dime club".

Thanks Tom!

you couldn't have asked for a sharper one either! congrats

Thanks

She's a beuat!đź‘Ť

Thanks

She’s beautiful and she’s all yours. Congratulations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Awesome find! Don’t you love seeing a great find like that when it’s totally unexpected?

Absolutely! Never know what that next signal will be. That is one of the great things about this hobby.

Thanks

Welcome to the club, I just got mine the other day!

Thanks

Congrats and welcome to the club! Yours is in amazing shape and as someone else mentioned it is a plus that it isn't holed.

I've found 2 over 10 years and both were surprises. Like you, I thought I was digging a wheatie and even after seeing the rim, still had no clue what it was. I thought the first one was an aluminum washer or rivet and the second one thought it was a play coin. Always a nice surprise!

I knew it was silver and at first glance I thought it was a Canadian dime, thought the seated liberty was a sail! When I flipped it and saw "Half Dime" I was stunned.

Thanks

Wow that's a beauty, congrats on a super find!

Thanks

Sweet find and in great shape !! Congrats.

Thanks

Sweet. 2 years ago I got to hunt a site that was unbelievably rich and found my first 2 seated dimes and my first 2 seated half dimes. Those are some tiny things to find. Congrats on a beautiful coin

Was having a good hunt, found a few coins but the oldest was a 1956 wheatie until.... BAM! 1838 Seated Half Dime! Couldn't believe it, was only about 2 inches deep. I expected another copper penny.

What a great bucketlister! And it is also my oldest coin.

:cool3: :cool3: :cool3: :cool3: :cool3: :cool3:

super find jim! congrats!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Back
Top Bottom