Fun little experiment that I found.

Metal detecto

Elite Member
This is really interesting. I can bet that you can read EVERY misspelled word below:

Our Huamn Brinas can raed any wrod, evene if it si msiipleed. Sierisoly, yuo cna mix up all teh ltteers in a wrod, jsut keep the fornt and bcak ltter in the smae sopt and wlala! Yuo can raed it, eevn if ti is seppelled lkie an idoit. Sueper cool!

No, this was just an experiment I did for my science class in 4th grade. Wanted to share.

And I do NOT spell like that.

Josh

Pretty easy read, I'm sure someone will counter you with cursive for a brain teaser. 😅

I was just curious about cursive. Our school still teaches it. Still in virtual school out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't get all COMMON CORE with ME, sonny! :lol:

Seriously, though... I kiel ot lpya iwth orwsd dna mberuns oto!

Sometimes I even download anagram apps and have a field day.

Don't get all COMMON CORE with ME, sonny! :lol:

Seriously, though... I kiel ot lpya iwth orwsd dna mberuns oto!

Sometimes I even download anagram apps and have a field day.

Anagrams... I did a project in 2nd grade on valentines day, we had to make an anagram (which I called mixer letters :lol:) and I swear I spent the rest of the day doing "mixer letters". :lol:

Recently found an anagram app, now please don't mind as I find out that "Listen" is "silent" spelled in a different way :D.

Josh

Anagrams... I did a project in 2nd grade on valentines day, we had to make an anagram (which I called mixer letters :lol:) and I swear I spent the rest of the day doing "mixer letters". :lol:

Recently found an anagram app, now please don't mind as I find out that "Listen" is "silent" spelled in a different way :D.

Josh

Who ever thought something so addictive (at least for the cerebrally gifted) could be healthy, right?? Well, I believe its really good to keep that grey-matter stirred up. I remember when I used to obsessively do crossword puzzles every day for several years.

I haven't taken any college math since Trigonometry and Statistics close to 20 years ago, and I've forgotten 80% of it. I'd like to go back and re-study matrices determinants again, which I was introduced to in a Technical Calculus class I took whence thinking of pursuing land surveying as a career. Fascinating! I seems to me there must be some weird way to apply matrices to the alphabet...maybe even the basis for the mysterious "Bible Code" of the Old Testament.

Thanks for making me think of this stuff again, Detecto. I could use a little mental stimulus like that at this half-century point in my life. I used to have alot more time to "waste" on abstract thinking than I do now.

Who ever thought something so addictive (at least for the cerebrally gifted) could be healthy, right?? Well, I believe its really good to keep that grey-matter stirred up. I remember when I used to obsessively do crossword puzzles every day for several years.

I haven't taken any college math since Trigonometry and Statistics close to 20 years ago, and I've forgotten 80% of it. I'd like to go back and re-study matrices determinants again, which I was introduced to in a Technical Calculus class I took whence thinking of pursuing land surveying as a career. Fascinating! I seems to me there must be some weird way to apply matrices to the alphabet...maybe even the basis for the mysterious "Bible Code" of the Old Testament.

Thanks for making me think of this stuff again, Detecto. I could use a little mental stimulus like that at this half-century point in my life. I used to have alot more time to "waste" on abstract thinking than I do now.

You are very welcome. :D Who knew "mixer letters" were this deep? :lol:

Josh

This is really interesting. I can bet that you can read EVERY misspelled word below:

Our Huamn Brinas can raed any wrod, evene if it si msiipleed. Sierisoly, yuo cna mix up all teh ltteers in a wrod, jsut keep the fornt and bcak ltter in the smae sopt and wlala! Yuo can raed it, eevn if ti is seppelled lkie an idoit. Sueper cool!

No, this was just an experiment I did for my science class in 4th grade. Wanted to share.

And I do NOT spell like that.

Josh

If what I thought I read isn't what you meant then maybe what you said isn't what I understood ? :laughing:

If what I thought I read isn't what you meant then maybe what you said isn't what I understood ? :laughing:

Gary, go start a tongue twister magazine :lol:.

Translation: Our human brains can read any word, even when it is misspelled. Seriously, you can mix up all the letters in a word, just keep the front and back letters in the same spot and walla! You can read it, even if it is spelled like an idiot. Super cool!

Gary, go start a tongue twister magazine :lol:.

Translation: Our human brains can read any word, even when it is misspelled. Seriously, you can mix up all the letters in a word, just keep the front and back letters in the same spot and walla! You can read it, even if it is spelled like an idiot. Super cool!

IF and that is IF english is your primary language, but if Russian, Japanese, Chinese, or Arabic is your primary language and you write it, not so easy to do simply because you do not know the English alphabet, how it fits together to form words and phrases, and anything about English idiomatic phrases.

Josh

Word puzzles can be fun -- or frustrating. I do crosswords, jumbles, anagrams... I used to avoid cryptograms (crytoquotes) , simple letter substitution -- thought they looked "impossible" -- but have gotten pretty good at them. Sudoku -- I can do them but it feels like tedious work not play.

"Metal detecto" shall now be known as "Cattle emoted." MOO!!!

FDXR BFL KJZNJ HFID JYR HZNC QZJY, UFNRSRN IETT EJ HFVEDZJR BFLN HRKJEDB.” —BFHZ

no fair googling!

Word puzzles can be fun -- or frustrating. I do crosswords, jumbles, anagrams... I used to avoid cryptograms (crytoquotes) , simple letter substitution -- thought they looked "impossible" -- but have gotten pretty good at them. Sudoku -- I can do them but it feels like tedious work not play.

"Metal detecto" shall now be known as "Cattle emoted." MOO!!!

FDXR BFL KJZNJ HFID JYR HZNC QZJY, UFNRSRN IETT EJ HFVEDZJR BFLN HRKJEDB.” —BFHZ

no fair googling!

Cattle emoted :lol: But what does "FDXR BFL KJZNJ HFID JYR HZNC QZJY, UFNRSRN IETT EJ HFVEDZJR BFLN HRKJEDB.” —BFHZ" mean?

Josh

Cattle emoted :lol: But what does "FDXR BFL KJZNJ HFID JYR HZNC QZJY, UFNRSRN IETT EJ HFVEDZJR BFLN HRKJEDB.” —BFHZ" mean?

Josh

It's a cryptoquote. A famous saying and who said it. Each letter has been randomly swapped with a different one -- for instance, in this one anytime you see a J it's really a T. But that doesn't mean a T is necessarily a J. By looking for small words, common words, letter frequency, common groups of letters, double letters, the author's name, etc, you can figure out what other letter each letter represents, and eventually figure out what it says....

I was trained in cryptanalysis.in the Army.

Love anagrams, sudoku, cryptograms.....

I made a quick program at work, and generate a "Daily cryptoquote" for my co-workers.

Fun.stuff.

Back
Top Bottom