Two Dives Today

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Although my Dr. told me to wait, I decided I needed some aquatherapy. So I jumped at the chance to get a cell phone out of a marina and a boat cover out of another one.

Still weak and it was a chore to get my gear on I succeeded and found both objects. I have nothing to lose in life now and I just want to enjoy the life I have left. At least one of my daughters understands.

Going wading tomorrow at a few beaches. One I never touched before. I hope because of the location it is a virgin beach and will have some nice old coins at it. Will see.

Try to enjoy but don't over do it. I just had my first outing after 5 months off, and it was for 3 hours to make sure everything was working as it should.. equipment and a body check. I'll be back out next week.. nothing is going any where.. and no one can find what we find.... So please be careful..

try to enjoy but don't over do it. i just had my first outing after 5 months off, and it was for 3 hours to make sure everything was working as it should.. Equipment and a body check. I'll be back out next week.. Nothing is going any where.. And no one can find what we find.... So please be careful..

+1

listen to the doctor scuba, the weather's crappy anyway.

+1

don't rush the recovery , i did , take your time.

+1

Its difficult with health issues or we are just hard headed and its hard to accept we arent superman any more. Time to change the we think..... slow it down a bit and stop pushing it to limits we used to easily do....enjoy the hobby and dont make it work or threaten your health further. Congrats on the recoveries.

I can't speak for everyone, I suppose...but I hope to be around giving support and praise long after my son is off on his own. I know my wife is right about toning down some of the things I used to do and the ways I used to do them. It's not all about me anymore.

At least one of my daughters understands.

I understand too Scuba, I have a small sign on my fridge that I think of often:
Don't base your decisions on the advice of those who don't have to deal with the results!
You will know when to stop or slow down!!
I had a total right knee replacement in 2012 that was a complete failure, the doctor told me I would be back to work in 3 months! I can't kneel anymore and I installed carpet for 29 yrs! Doctors can be wrong, they are human and make mistakes, but no one knows your body like you do.
Trust Yourself
Godspeed Scuba,

I can't speak for everyone, I suppose...but I hope to be around giving support and praise long after my son is off on his own. I know my wife is right about toning down some of the things I used to do and the ways I used to do them. It's not all about me anymore.

yup, there is a reason I don't do dirt bikes and motorcycles anymore. roll cages only!

Back
Top Bottom