Total novice from Bucks County Pa

Welcome from Chester County.

You didn't mention it one way or the other, but Nockamixon, being a state park, has lots of rules, including a permission requirement to detect from the park manager. The rules are here --

https://www.dcnr.pa.gov/StateParks/RulesAndRegulations/MetalDetecting/Pages/default.aspx

Good luck.

I call Nockamixon each time I go and when I leave. I found an old padlock, a !!!! ton of shotgun and rifle shells, 17 cents, and a old axe head (old as in 70s).

Not being able to use a shovel and only a screwdriver or other probe stinks and stops me from digging deeper targets.

I’ve also come across old transient camps, illegal deer stands and a giant black rat snake that scared the life out of me. The conservation officers have all been very nice and curious.

Welcome i am in Bucks County. Go to County parks office get permit to detect County parks.

Covid sucks for knocking on doors. Lots of tot lots. Every boro or township has a park. Call ahead get permission.

Good luck

Koz

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I got my county permit today. It took me forever to find it on their website because the option doesn’t come up on mobile. Might go to
Lake Towhee tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom