Back to back barber weekends while stripping. Hammered coin? Plus some relics

So they copied one of those. Hmm pretty cool thanks for the info I appreciate it. That is the main reason I post on here is to learn from others to understand more.

Thanks again

100% sure it is a real one, very worn and thin looking at the photograph.

Second picture you can see the small indentation in the middle of the Jetton, this is a clear sign it is genuine.

The indentation was there to stop people trying to pass them off as coins.

Last edited:
Well I have found 6 of my nine in the strips. I wasn’t focusing on any metal detecting goals tell recently. So I switched from going to old very rural abandon homesites and farms as well as a couple ccc camps to curbs. I set myself recently a few goals. FTY

25 Silver coins. (9)
55 Wheats (14)
15 IHPs (2)
5 Non bling Rings (1)
1 Necklace (0)
10 Tokens (1)

Specific coins
Silver quarter
Silver dollar

To be honest I am tired of fighting the brush and undergrowth here in Washington especially spring, summer and fall. So it is going to be curb strips, private home permissions and 1 seeded hunt I may go to. I was considering getting a go pro to document this. Well the newest one I have a older one. But until recently I wasn’t finding much but may consider it if these strips keep paying off. Highly doubt many people are interested in watching though lol. During the week I will hit random spots on way home from work but save the strips for weekends and make the trek into towns on the I5 corridor hopefully I can achieve my goals we shall see.

I initially got into this late 2018 randomly. I was trying to locate old homes and logging sites I was reading about. It wasn’t until I got my first silver that it changed.
7DD7668F-E288-4485-A397-129038C21D95.jpg
That coin took me about two years to achieve I had found one Buffalo but wasn’t counting that as a silver. I was scared to ask for permission or go where there were people at or even around. That coin changed it. Honestly. Maybe it is cause I started with that seated instead of a Rosie but not sure. I also was not even carrying water to clean any coins at that point and scratched while we wiped it off as well as hit it with my anaconda shovel. I have a video but tons of f bombs in it. It floored me and my buddy we had been detecting there and found lots of stuff but nothing really except a 1888 ihp at that point.
7EA9FB3F-D348-47BF-AAB2-32D0D435AA10.jpeg

I no longer will hide. I want to find more and more. Especially coins at this point. I am researching as much for the more populated areas if not more so we will see if it will pay off. Fingers crossed

Neither of those coins were found in populated areas. Old homesite that is no more just a field. And woods and a few old foundations

The reason in all reality I was digging so much iron was these people at these locations had little to no money. But once I hit that find nails and logging relics was a thing of the past.

Who else was hesitant to enter this thread?

Yup, I thought he was talking about something completely different!

I used to do a lot of stripping in the 1970's. They called it streaking back then. Was a lot of fun until one time I fell and got road rash in a very bad spot. That was the end of my streaking days...

Yup, I thought he was talking about something completely different!

I used to do a lot of stripping in the 1970's. They called it streaking back then. Was a lot of fun until one time I fell and got road rash in a very bad spot. That was the end of my streaking days...

Were you streaming while bike riding?

Congrats on the nice finds!

I've got some curb strips I've marked on my map, need to give them a try.

Back
Top Bottom