Can You Dig It? Show Me Them Shovels!

Look up "Porridge Laws" in your home state and town.....then you'll know for sure. Hopefully you're not eating the porridge that belongs to the "Three Bears"

OH no, the brand is Goldilocks Award-Winning Porridge!! Sorry, off to amazon for some bear repelent!

Josh

Had this trenching shovel from Lowes hangin around doing nothing so I modded it a bit to suit my currently perceived needs. Tacked a piece of angle a lil offset across the top for a better foot hold, shortened it a good bit and topped it off with a D handle. Don't need teeth on it for roots. I use a set of old hand pruners for those.
Not too heavy and works for me. d:^)

Attachments

• ShovelMod.jpg
    ShovelMod.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 207
I use this Sun Joe digger that I got from Silversmith45 in the 2018 gift exchange here. :cool3: It works great and is perfect for the soil up here.

Originally it had a wooden handle, but last week I decided to paint the handle orange so it is easier to find in long grass and when it gets muddy. After a few coats of paint, I put 3 layers of clear coat on it to keep it strong & looking nice. :digginahole:

Attachments

• Sun Joe Digger (Painted).jpg
    Sun Joe Digger (Painted).jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 215
Its really not that intimidating in person. I will not be able to use it everywhere but it will be nice to have it when I can. I have RA and it keeps me from having to kneel down so much. Our club usually will tell us whether our shovels are allowed at sponsored hunts.

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

yeah! me too! left knee in particular causes a lot of grief, but I manage with the
sampson as a combo cane/digger. kept me in the game, but like you,i am very "watchful" when in parks, as ''perception" is everything no matter if ya Dig perfect plugs, or not! sampson does dig a very nice, neat plug.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I use this Sun Joe digger that I got from Silversmith45 in the 2018 gift exchange here. :cool3: It works great and is perfect for the soil up here.

Originally it had a wooden handle, but last week I decided to paint the handle orange so it is easier to find in long grass and when it gets muddy. After a few coats of paint, I put 3 layers of clear coat on it to keep it strong & looking nice. :digginahole:

hey wolfie! I hear that the minnesnowtah "tundra" can have "ice" in it
on into "June" similar to the arctic!.(lol!) just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

So glad when I got my 31 inch Sampson Lesche shovel, makes digging so very much easier ! (also has a serrated edge on one side)

I use a canvas work apron that has pockets for nails, ect. as a safety cover for the shovel so it doesn't cut anything when carrying it in the car and storing it at home.
new_shovel3_20200907.jpg

motel2_20200907.jpg

outrageously efficient "tool!" and a "hobby saver" for me!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Back
Top Bottom