Scored another BIG silver

Nice dig! I'd like to familiarize myself with half dollar tones too.
Thanks Foragist! I'm really surprised that I've got 2 halves so far this year....but they always give me those numbers on my machine. A silver quarter gives a 11-47 signal so it's weird that a half has a lower signal being a big ole chunk of silver that it is.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If tom_in_CA didn't see this, he'll say that those pictures are very nice. That silver edge kinda gets your heart going, and it's either 1: you got a silver 2: Nope. Edged nickel (WHY do people mod those nickels like that). That is one beauty of a franklin!

Grading scale says: Backflip (this means it's pretty hard to beat on the "best finds" list.)

Ah... Silver. I grade this find a "Backflip!" Congrats would be an understatement. Uh, sorry, going to get the dictionary...

Great find!

Josh

I did dig 6 later wheats which I thought was going to be my only loot for the day until I came over that familiar 1-44 signal on the CTX 3030.

Were you using the packaged "silver" setting? I use a custom program on my ctx, silver halfs hit 12.45. I've tried the silver setting and typically get 1.45's on the same coin. Weird how it hits different like that. I read an article somewhere about the different silver readings and why they were, I think it was an article comparing the E-trax to the CTX.

Nice find!

Back
Top Bottom