• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Raptor or Motus handle for CF shaft?

pryan67

Forum Supporter
Has anyone used both the Raptor and Motus? I've got a Raptor for my aluminum shaft, but I'm getting a CF travel shaft and want a handle for that one as well. Are they effectively the same? If not, which is best for CF, or best overall?

I like the sleek look of the Motus, but as I tell people when they say that I'm funny, "looks aren't everything".

I had the motus on my scoop for quite some time, and it's a little too small for the shaft your referring to. Mine started to split at the butt end of the twist on black handle, due to the white piece being spread too far apart from the diameter of the shaft. If that makes sense? :laughing: If I could go back, I would choose the raptor, but for smaller shafts, the motus would probably work just fine.

I had the motus on my scoop for quite some time, and it's a little too small for the shaft your referring to. Mine started to split at the butt end of the twist on black handle, due to the white piece being spread too far apart from the diameter of the shaft. If that makes sense? :laughing: If I could go back, I would choose the raptor, but for smaller shafts, the motus would probably work just fine.

Thanks. I like how the Motus wraps around the shaft completely, rather than how the Raptor just "grips" it, but again, that's just looks.

Thanks. I like how the Motus wraps around the shaft completely, rather than how the Raptor just "grips" it, but again, that's just looks.

Yea that's the piece that doesnt fit around the shaft, due to the shaft being too big. I had the motus on my scoopal and aluminum shaft for awhile too, that's were the issue originated. If the aluminum shaft was too big, I'm sure the carbon fiber is too. But it will work if you tighten the black handle all the way and put a strap of some sort over the black handle closest to the shaft. I had to do that for awhile too, after it started splitting. I'll be looking out for the more experienced beach hunters replies too though :laughing:

Well if and when my Carbon Fiber shaft ever makes it to my house, I will be putting the raptor on it....because that's what I've got on my aluminum one....and since I can only use one at a time....I will be transferring the raptor to the new CF. So....ask me in a few months....LOL.

You can see the break in the plastic nut. This is common. The material used is junk. This is my 3rd one and a 3D printed one isn't any better. I've tried epoxy - obvious fail. My buddy has broke 4 of these. I put a bike grip on mine that works great but you also tend to torque it down more. The factory motus grips are slippery and tend to unscrew when in heavy use. The raptor is too big and bulky for me. 20210511_121813.jpg20210511_122111.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

My motus is a little small for my hand. Very slippery too. Don't use it too often for that reason. Raptor I thought was only for wood or aluminum? Does it damage carbon fiber?

I made one that goes through the shaft with a bolt. It can go into the joint bolt are pretty much anywhere or angle you want.. just drill another hole.

I took it off eventually. Found the lift assist just gets in the way. Knobs made out of electrical tape/hockey tape were easier to manage

I made one that goes through the shaft with a bolt. It can go into the joint bolt are pretty much anywhere or angle you want.. just drill another hole.

I took it off eventually. Found the lift assist just gets in the way. Knobs made out of electrical tape/hockey tape were easier to manage

Yeah I'm taking mine off. I carry over my shoulder sometimes and forget that damn handle is there and stab my shoulder lol. It's in the way.

CF shaft

Has anyone used both the Raptor and Motus? I've got a Raptor for my aluminum shaft, but I'm getting a CF travel shaft and want a handle for that one as well. Are they effectively the same? If not, which is best for CF, or best overall?

I like the sleek look of the Motus, but as I tell people when they say that I'm funny, "looks aren't everything".

I’ve used the motus on a wood handle for over a year and MD in the water every weekend never had an issue with the motus , maybe I was a lucky one ,
For the past month I’ve bought a CF shaft for the scoop ,shaft is a inch and a1/4 outside diameter, and I use the motus on it , I wrap the CF shaft with some duct tape where I want the motus because without out the tape the motus slips some on the shaft ,tape prevents slipping. No problems with shaft or motus 🤞.

CFShaft motus

I’ve used the motus on my wood handle for the past year and half ,metal detecting every weekend on beach and in the water never had a problem with motus , guess I was lucky , for the past month I bought a CF shaft for scoop ,place some duct tape on the area I want the motus ,tape is to prevent slipping of the motus on shaft and scarring the shaft . The shaft is 1 inch and a-quarter outside diameter no problems yet 🤞

Back
Top Bottom