New beach scoop company?!!!

air travel with detector and equipment

I'll probably have a suitcase of my own, I won't let Roberta get squished by all the clothes and stuff :lol:. We'll be going in a few weeks, I'll keep on posting in Korea too.

And the person who gave the awesome deal on the t rex, you know who you are, and thank you!

Josh
Packing clothes around your detector and equipment can help protect it against rough baggage handlers adds some cushion. Also if your mom is anything like my wife when she packs for trips to the Philippines every bit of room in the luggage up to the weight limit will be filled .Not only the clothes you all need but most of the luggage will be gifts for friends and family. Looking forward to seeing Josh's great Korean adventure thread

Packing clothes around your detector and equipment can help protect it against rough baggage handlers adds some cushion. Also if your mom is anything like my wife when she packs for trips to the Philippines every bit of room in the luggage up to the weight limit will be filled .Not only the clothes you all need but most of the luggage will be gifts for friends and family.

:wow: Okay. Then I'll stuff my clothes into the case too! Multi-tasking to the max! :lol:

Josh

:wow: Okay. Then I'll stuff my clothes into the case too! Multi-tasking to the max! :lol:

Josh

you might even have some of your detecting clothes , hat to protect against the sun there , water shoes etc. I usally use a wide sun hat/ with some thing to protect the neck due to the heat . I have some that ate basely Aussie bush hats where the sides fold up and i can get my head phones over it. Check safari hats under Amazon.com can get some nice ones cheep. When there wasn't room in the luggage i wore mine on the plane , then put under seat.

I take the pod and coil off and pack those in my backpack (my "personal item", as well as taking off the arm cuff and wrap that well in clothes. Then the rods go into checked baggage.

I take the pod and coil off and pack those in my backpack (my "personal item", as well as taking off the arm cuff and wrap that well in clothes. Then the rods go into checked baggage.

But how do you detect without rods? :laughing:

Oh, maybe you just BUY them if they get lost. Gotcha.

I was thinking just to put it in the stock box with some paper around it.

Josh

LOL

Well, the rods could be seen as "clubs" if in carry on.

yeah, it's smarter to put them (as in shaft) into the baggage... Or the whole detector might be confiscated :shock:. I'll maybe get a small padded suitcase and stuff the pod, coil, and cuff there, better safe than sorry. :yes: :D

Josh

yeah, it's smarter to put them (as in shaft) into the baggage... Or the whole detector might be confiscated :shock:. I'll maybe get a small padded suitcase and stuff the pod, coil, and cuff there, better safe than sorry. :yes: :D

Josh

Don't need to overthink it. Just put it in the suitcase, and put your clothes around it as a cushion just in case 1 of the workers goes Hulk on your bag. Batteries you can ask at the counter and the worst that could happen is open your suitcase on the spot and put them in your mom's bag.

I've seen some very very nice expensive rings found in Korea by guys hunting barefoot or flip flops.

flying with detector

Don't need to overthink it. Just put it in the suitcase, and put your clothes around it as a cushion just in case 1 of the workers goes Hulk on your bag. Batteries you can ask at the counter and the worst that could happen is open your suitcase on the spot and put them in your mom's bag.

I've seen some very very nice expensive rings found in Korea by guys hunting barefoot or flip flops.

I have flown into and out of Korea on my way to the Philippines with a detector in my luggage with no issues there , just wrapped up good with some clothes and a beach towel or 2 to make sure it couldn't move around . We had some of the hard shell suitcases last trip which was 2017 . Biggest worry was the rough luggage handlers in the states throwing some of the bags in the cargo hole.

First time traveling, whenever there's something I do the first time I am very fond of something called paranoia. :lol: Yeah, I won't overthink it. Just pray that the handler knows that it's my pride and joy and does it gently.

We need to pack now, save the Korea talking for yourselves! :lol:

Josh

Air travel with detector

First time traveling, whenever there's something I do the first time I am very fond of something called paranoia. :lol: Yeah, I won't overthink it. Just pray that the handler knows that it's my pride and joy and does it gently.

We need to pack now, save the Korea talking for yourselves! :lol:

Josh

Even if you marked fragile on your suitcases won't matter to those luggage handlers they are in a hurry to get it loaded and unloaded. If every thing is packed and cushioned with with clothes and towels you should be good to go . Don't worry about the trip to much , you will be fine , a very long time stuck in a airplane seat so you might bring some things you want to read in case you don't like the movies. Gust think of it as the biggest adventure in your live so far , but knowing next time you go back you will be even better prepared knowing what to expect. A lot of people get a little anxious before a long trip like that i still do. We weigh all luggage at least twice to be sure we stay just a little under the allowed weight . My wife will pack then repack several times to get it just right, adding things and taking other things out. Our clothes will usally fit in one suite case the rest is gifts and clothes for the relatives and lots of American candy. My first trip to the Philippines back in 1989 to meet my pen pal (yes people wrote to each other back then , no computers and few phones over there ) i got on a plane for the first time in my life at 38 and had never seen a ocean. After a very long trip crossing oceans i got there , my future wife was waiting and we were married 10 days later. Sill married today ,and love going to the Philippines but still get anxious every trip . You might keep a record of what you find each day and where , and definatly keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom