Any ideas ???

capteider

Having trouble doing this on my phone but only way to upload photo.

ok back on computer...editing post...

found this in the saltwater, i know it's toast but somebody might beable to use tiny amount of details tat can bee seen.
it's copper, the size of a large cent, and there is a bust that is facing to the left. impossible to photograph well. Also the reverse of the coins, aloso super tosted but it looks to me like the "britannia lady with a staff" but that is me using my imagination after looking at all the possible coins in my coin book.

Attachments

• IMG_20210508_133149197_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20210508_133149197_HDR~2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 279
come on !! i've seen post with alump of twisted rusty meatal and in five miniutes some one is like "that's the second link of a timing chain from a 1347 ford farm tractor"

didn't want to influence with what i think but... i think the script looks like it says " GEORGE" as in george the second. i think it's a colonial copper. come on! i know there is someone who will know what it is ...left facing bust..says (G)orge ....

nevermind spending time with your mother, help me idenify this coin

What looks like “BURG” I believe is a very worn “EORG”. As in GEORGE. And I think I see the outline of the left facing bust as well. If you google images of king George coins there are lots of examples to compare to yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What looks like “BURG” I believe is a very worn “EORG”. As in GEORGE. And I think I see the outline of the left facing bust as well. If you google images of king George coins there are lots of examples to compare to yours.

I first saw George but that U, even worn, doesn't seem possible for an O, with the thickness of the side-bars which are thick right at the top. It is a Burg to me now.

Last edited:
i think your "b" is a "r"

i also ask before but i missed your response or you didnt respond do you have emus? how many?

I used to have 5 of them. Moved to Virginia and had to give them up. Hopefully soon I'll have more!

I first saw George but that U, even worn, doesn't seem possible for an O, with the thickness of the side-bars which are thick right at the top. It is a Burg to me now.

I see what your saying, it does look more like a U. That’s a tough one...just enough detail to make it confusing...lol

I get yours isn’t silver but I think there were other ones as well not positive but ran across those looking. Probably wrong.

Back
Top Bottom