Great FREE magnets to test finds.

bornhunter

Elite Member
Every microwave I have ever torn apart I have found two strong magnets inside. I have actually gotten them from the garbage. I have a handy magnet everywhere. They are very strong. I also scratch jewelry on them to see what color it scratches like a testing stone. Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

• DSCN8755.jpg
    DSCN8755.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 343
  • DSCN8756.jpg
    DSCN8756.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 351
All the capacitors I,ve come across in microwaves are grounded to bleed off any latent charge.Perfectly safe,but be careful any way.

Now I head off to my local dump for broken microwaves!

Great idea, I'll carry on behind me on the beach. Magnetic sand is so cool to play with.

Josh

Now I head off to my local dump for broken microwaves!

Great idea, I'll carry on behind me on the beach. Magnetic sand is so cool to play with.

Josh

Put that magnet in the back of your scoop. It will collect all the black sand you could ever want as well as small bits of ferrous (containing iron) metal before it falls through the scoop.

R5

You can also get rare earth magnets out of old PC hard drives. Those little guys are strong, have them stuck to the hand guard of my digger, good for a quick test when in the field for jewelry to see if it's worth investigating further.

Put that magnet in the back of your scoop. It will collect all the black sand you could ever want as well as small bits of ferrous (containing iron) metal before it falls through the scoop.

R5

I really should have thought of that. I'm currently in bobby pin heaven, and the aluminum coating on some set the detector off.

One for the sand, one for the sand scoop! (I'm pretty sure the microwave has two)

Josh

Back
Top Bottom