Who here still using there Sovereigns machines for the beach???

My opinion is the GT is better than the NOX.. the GT's processor is slower but it finds deep gold and you will leave the bottles caps to the NOX users :lol:

I used to chest mount mine and stick it under my waders...

Its the best wet sand detector out there as far as I am concerned..

Dang Right!!!! And what's recovery speed when you lose depth!!! Not very many beaches have been to where I needed a fast recovery speed.

Stop trashing the Nox ! It's the best machine known to mankind. Everyone should have one. Just don't get it wet.

I see a lot here in the water...Couple of Nox Pirates (K & A) in the Chesapeake Bay at a old beach last week. I'm sure I would see less if they did not have that great 3 year warranty.

Off subject, I see Gold hit 1800 again..:yes:

Attachments

• 175407198_827340674855696_8381671390103019675_n.jpg
    175407198_827340674855696_8381671390103019675_n.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 182
I see a lot here in the water...Couple of Nox Pirates (K & A) in the Chesapeake Bay at a old beach last week. I'm sure I would see less if they did not have that great 3 year warranty.

How do they do compared to you overall ?

Dang Right!!!! And what's recovery speed when you lose depth!!! Not very many beaches have been to where I needed a fast recovery speed.

The Sovereign in All Metal PP mode has a blazing fast recovery. It was really difficult to over sweep speed it.

The other "plus" about the Sov. no one mentioned: The ability to not lose targets in the sand/water. Working in soft sand you can chase that target all the way to China.

How do they do compared to you overall ?

Most here in the bay find anywhere from 5 to 12 Gold a year. I did a survey a few years ago of 15 hunters and the average was 6 if I remember correct. I do watch close those that hunt the bay. Craig helps me...with messages. :secret:

His famous words "You have some competition posting"

Thats a very good point..... recovery speed in both the Xcal and Sov is just as fast in AM. Also.... lets add you can max out sensitivity when reverse disc....something in the water you CANT do with the Nox or any of the machines that dont have TRUE AM. So we are right back at PRICE and WARRANTY. It allows those so called week-end hunters to get into water hunting and about any hunting for half the price...... thus MORE hunters. It might help a lot of hunter..... but personally those of us who spend the time out there WILL get our share still. By the way my tests say you are far more likely to get a gold ring in that 15 bottle cap range than you are a nickel. The best machine ive ever used for bottle caps was the CTX and Explorer..... hands down if you didnt want to dig um.

They are no threat to you... they are not getting the depth you are getting with either of your detectors... they are probably hunting the wrong area's as well ;)

You just love to stir the pot :lol:

They are no threat to you... they are not getting the depth you are getting with either of your detectors... they are probably hunting the wrong area's as well ;)

You just love to stir the pot :lol:

Yes I do.. Buy those Nox's..!!

In defense of the Nox'ers, Most are still learning there machines. Even the old goats with 30 plus years have shelfed there CZ20's for the Nox. :shock:

Poke: ScubaDetective

:cool3:

R5

That is funny, I never considered Scuba..

When I first started hunting the bay in 2013/2014 the CZ20's were every where. Very rare to see them now...some even used the old Whites Surfmaster PI.. John pictured here in 2015.... now ....is a Nox'er.

Attachments

• KIMG0001.jpg
    KIMG0001.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 161
Far be it from me to make anyone spew milk.

So… tell us; were nostrils involved?

R5

If Rudolph was there, he would call Santa and say that he found another "red-nosed reindeer!"

I shall never have a glass of milk with me again on this forum! :laughing:

Josh

Thats a very good point..... recovery speed in both the Xcal and Sov is just as fast in AM. Also.... lets add you can max out sensitivity when reverse disc....something in the water you CANT do with the Nox or any of the machines that dont have TRUE AM. So we are right back at PRICE and WARRANTY. It allows those so called week-end hunters to get into water hunting and about any hunting for half the price...... thus MORE hunters. It might help a lot of hunter..... but personally those of us who spend the time out there WILL get our share still. By the way my tests say you are far more likely to get a gold ring in that 15 bottle cap range than you are a nickel. The best machine ive ever used for bottle caps was the CTX and Explorer..... hands down if you didnt want to dig um.

Yes a very good point indeed. Never really thought about it but yeah very true!!! I reverse hunt when things are slow and not that many targets.

How much money , along with how much time , did it take you to do that ?

I would have to say around 75 dollars for the water tight box and the clam clamp. On the time at least 1 to 2 hours to complete. I went one step further. Made the upper shaft and box mount. Then had it powder coated. I made it longer to balance the hole thing.

Attachments

• 99876885-7898-4392-AB95-E5021C6FF31B.jpg
    99876885-7898-4392-AB95-E5021C6FF31B.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 96
  • BAA31890-2B25-4578-8E07-D47CE23E50B8.jpg
    BAA31890-2B25-4578-8E07-D47CE23E50B8.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 85
Back
Top Bottom