Equinox 6" & 11", Which Machine?

Martin_V3i

Elite Member
I have the 800 plus the 600 machines and frequently carry both on hunts. I almost always hunt public property, no water, and am mainly a coin and silver jewelry hunter.

Now, are there opinions about which machine gets the 11" factory coil, and which gets the 6" coil mounted? I find the 6" hits deep for a small coil, and I am more convinced that my missed targets are still under 8 inches deep.

What reasons would you have for keeping the 6 on one machine and the 11" on the other? Maybe the finer graduations of recovery speed on the 800 should give me a clue.

I have total confidence on the 6" depth ability in this venue of where I mainly hunt. Thanks.

I’d probably keep the 6” coil on the 800 just for the extra tone adjustments. When hunting trash or iron I like to fine tune the tones so the desirable targets stand out more.

The 6” coil lives on my 800 full time anyway. If I want more ground coverage I just grab the CTX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d probably keep the 6” coil on the 800 just for the extra tone adjustments. When hunting trash or iron I like to fine tune the tones so the desirable targets stand out more.

The 6” coil lives on my 800 full time anyway. If I want more ground coverage I just grab the CTX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the second 800 coming to me in a week or so, I’m also going to mount the 6” and forget it. That’s what I really want it for....a speedy laser. Like stated here...bigger areas get a different machine.

Back
Top Bottom