250 ace: Pinpointing problem

Andrew Patrum

I'm in the coin hunting mode and I get a good reading (both sound and visual) that it is a coin. Depth is shown and when I go to pinpoint it the 250 goes dead. No sound but a humm and no reading. I push the buttom to reset and put it into the air and when I return to ground to pinpoint it gives no reading and a humming sound like it is overloaded. Dug and finally gave up though signal was there but pinpoint went crazy. What's up? Heard this unit was good.:?:

When you push the pinpoint button, you have to be at least a foot away from where the target is, so there is no "interference".
Have you tried with some test coins, laying on top of the ground?

You need to let up on the pinpoint button and move it 2 or 3 feet to the side , then hit pinpoint and bring it back in over the target. Sounds like its a very big target and sounding off as a coin because of its large size , thats why you have to get the coil farther away from it and then push the PP button or it will overload. Just a guess , but if thats whats happening then if you swing the coil over the target and its showing as a coin , then if you swing from different angles or directions it may skip around at some point showing different targets.

i have this same thing happen to me all the time. i have discovered that the target is dead center and very close to the surface. i usually release the pinpoint button and hit again. which does two things, gives me the tone and detunes the unit. i have never had a problem with finding the target and its always in the top inch.

The behavior you note is actually really good! It means the target is really really close to the surface (maybe on it!). Just move the coil over the area where the coin is supposed to be and look for a sharp increase in the pinpointer bars. Then dig!

If you don't hear any sounds when you sweep over the area, move the coil far away, release the pinpointer button, repress it, and approach again. This should relocate the coin agfain.

I couldn't say that I have had a problem with the feature so far.

You need to be at least a foot or so way from the target in order to pinpoint.

Back
Top Bottom