💧💧💧 how does water affect md depth capability 💧💧💧

Well... since all truth is relative and not absolute, and that right and wrong are merely constructs of the human mind and society, the depth of the water, or, for that matter, the moisture/water content in soil may or may not affect the depth your machine will pick up coins. It just depends on what you think it does.:?:

The performance of your detector in water, is solely dependent on your meditation expertise ;)

You can have different results in wet sand, dry sand and being in the water. But if you get water in the detector it really affects depth.:lol:

A friend of mine asked how many grains of dry sand fall through his sand scoop in a 3 minutes. I said , are you that stupid ? It depends on the size of the scoop and diameter of the holes. It varies on lots of factors. He said how ? I said you best get out and LEARN IT YOURSELF.....He is still counting grains of sand. Stupid is , as stupid does !

A friend of mine asked how water affects a MD'ers depth, I had no answer since I've never used my detector in water.

How does water affect the detecting capability. Lets say compared to air, do you lose any distance / depth capability in water?

First of all, let me congratulate you on having a friend, who would have thought?
As far as "water effect", experience is the best teacher. You could always throw some test targets into a swimming pool and dive in with your detector and a tape measure. The deeper the water and the longer you stay down the more accurate your readings. Don't bring breathing tanks though, as the metal will mess with your detector. Of course, a weight belt will help make it easier to stay down longer (the more weight the better). I hope this info helps.

First of all, let me congratulate you on having a friend, who would have thought?
As far as "water effect", experience is the best teacher. You could always throw some test targets into a swimming pool and dive in with your detector and a tape measure. The deeper the water and the longer you stay down the more accurate your readings. Don't bring breathing tanks though, as the metal will mess with your detector. Of course, a weight belt will help make it easier to stay down longer (the more weight the better). I hope this info helps.

Well, I guess you could say he's an associate. I really don't like the term "friend" , everyone uses everyone for something. And if we have no use for them, we don't associate with them. The truths of life are not always what people want to hear.

I could use a hookah diving system, I am a certified rescue diver. But.... I really don't want to put my detectors in water.

Thank you for your kind words! You lifted my spirit up!

If you don't like the term "friend" , you are in the wrong forum. This is a "friendly" forum ! Also , how can you be a certified rescue diver if you can't even save yourself ? You are drowning here.....

Attachments

• 71WltpjNvEL._SS500_.jpg
    71WltpjNvEL._SS500_.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 168
Well, I guess you could say he's an associate. I really don't like the term "friend" , everyone uses everyone for something. And if we have no use for them, we don't associate with them. The truths of life are not always what people want to hear.

So much epic in those words.

Last edited:
well... Since all truth is relative and not absolute, and that right and wrong are merely constructs of the human mind and society, the depth of the water, or, for that matter, the moisture/water content in soil may or may not affect the depth your machine will pick up coins. It just depends on what you think it does.:?:

B5809818-681C-49A4-BCB1-86E3833A58A1.jpg

Water on a PI machine actually hits deeper.
I've seen it tested with using a 2nd target to produce the same effect.

Back
Top Bottom