A couple Mercury dimes

teotwawki12

Elite Member
Spent a short time this afternoon in an overgrown old homesite that's now township property. First time I went there, dug a walking liberty half, a silver Washington and a mercury dime (all 1942). Plus some wheat cents. Very few if no relics to speak of. Second time was nothing but trash. After a mostly failed park scouting mission, I stopped here again on the way home. Was a mostly trash kind of afternoon until I found a little spot on the edge of the woods that gave up the buffalo nickel, wheat cent, and a mercury dime. One more mercury dime walking back to the car... Still no relics to speak of here. Was a farm and orchard going back to the 1800s and a mess of trash now.

The modern token and blue enameled thingy are from the park recon. Anybody recognize that blue buttony thing??

Attachments

• KIMG0475.jpg
    KIMG0475.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 137
  • KIMG0476.jpg
    KIMG0476.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 152
  • KIMG0477.jpg
    KIMG0477.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 155
  • KIMG0478.jpg
    KIMG0478.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 154
  • KIMG0479.jpg
    KIMG0479.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 150
  • KIMG0480.jpg
    KIMG0480.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 146
Nice finds and photos, Congrats. I especially like the Buffalo. I have no idea what the blue thingy is. Nice shot of the Beetle in picture three .:yes:

Nice finds and photos, Congrats. I especially like the Buffalo. I have no idea what the blue thingy is. Nice shot of the Beetle in picture three .:yes:

Yeah, that Buffalo has a pretty solid date on it, doesn't it? Mr. Beetle was less than pleased about his home being dug up, so he deserved some spotlight...

I love when an Indian head (buffalo) nickel comes out of the dirt with a readable date! In my area they are usually worn/corroded off.

Very cool T. Congrats on the Mercs, Buff , wheat and cool token. I just realized with it being the 30th that June was the first month this year I couldn't get over any silver. Oh well, maybe next month. Again congrats on the shiny and good luck. Mark

Back
Top Bottom