• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy And God I know I'm one!

Rock Jock

Elite Member
Homeless in USA - Frequently in Charleston, SC
Ruins! Do any of you experienced types have any suggestions regarding metal detecting ruins with foundations and standing masonry walls, both interior and exterior? Are they worth pursuing? Are there any preferred methodologies to investigating them? Favorite places for caches? Any pertinent thoughts would be appreciated. :hammerin:

Many caches were supposedly within eyesight of the main bedroom window. Also a chicken coop was a notorious hiding place, as the chickens would make a racket if someone came in. Some ask…why bury or hide money outside? The answer to this and many other questions….fire.

Any spot with easy land marks. Like idx monster said in sight of the house. Maybe a tree, spring house, shed, fence row. Try it all. Good luck!

Many caches were supposedly within eyesight of the main bedroom window. Also a chicken coop was a notorious hiding place, as the chickens would make a racket if someone came in. Some ask…why bury or hide money outside? The answer to this and many other questions….fire.

Any spot with easy land marks. Like idx monster said in sight of the house. Maybe a tree, spring house, shed, fence row. Try it all. Good luck!

Good ideas all! I will likely also have to deal with some sort of stone masonry lined root cellar.

Back
Top Bottom