XP Deus II-No way there is more here? Shocking Find !!!

Just remember this.
Deus 1, even with LF coils when it released. Coil size for coil size there were zero competitor units that could match at separation/unmasking.
So seems Xp was capable company back then.
Maybe they still are today.

I told Calabash via tele back in fall ( and I had zero inside info) to keep eyes on Xp for possible new release and I thought it would be multi frequency unit too.
Thought it would be waterproof. Not necessarily down to 66 ft.
My hunch was based on videos and lack of vidoes Mr Blackwell was posting about deus 1 stuff. He was posting reruns really. Oh yeah he likelynwas testing Deus 2 already. He couldn't Do videos of it then could he?

I figured since Xp had sorta broke the code for making VLF single freq detector to do well in iron. Just maybe they could do the same with MF unit.
Question is have they?
We’ll know soon enough.

Calabash posted loads of videos about Minelab EQx 800.
He didn’t get squat from Minelab free.

He just shows videos of what he uses.

Showed Videos too of his use of excal 2 diving. He bought that too.

Calabash admitted Xp sent him Deus 2 unit for free. No nda is what he stated. He asked what were the restrictions up front. None were stated/given.

Could the Deus 2 actually be a real good unit?
Ever think about that?
Could it be?

Could Xp actually know how good it is based on their own testing and comparing to other competitors’ models?

Wonder what the answer is to all the questions above?

I could make a case Xp took a big chance turning those units loose prerelease and letting folks post videos on.
Wonder if someone made a mistake and outed the possible poor performance of deus 2? What then?

You know what I think.
The very first video where the man opens the box and the Deus 2 is in there is the tell all.
Nothing was said, no bragging, no mention it’s better than x or y model.
Nothing just a look.
Yeah. The owner of Xp (a real detectorist too btw) was right there in video and said zero about unit.
Just a stare into camera.

Notice Mr Blackwell’s videos.
He never pits Deus 2 against competitor models.
He won’t and can’t I think being he works with Xp.

Deus 2 may be a head scratcher for some. Due to how it was rolled out.
We’ll see in due time how good it is.

Of course the Deus II could be an amazing machine. (You keep arguing against points nobody is making.) A lot of people agree and are paying attention. That's the point. They want to see evidence, and definitely when somebody makes a claim that a detector is not just amazing, it's also significantly better. They want to know if they should get on a waiting list now so they might get a unit this year. Instead, they get "Trust us! You'll see (after we hype for more views)!"

I have no idea how somebody could be so tone-deaf (pardon the pun) to not understand how such an approach and attitude would be poorly received on a metal discussion forum.

Last edited:
.....someone posting 50 videos hyping the same detector is being compensated in some way.

Oh, that's easy.

• YouTube income
  • Attention (good or bad)
  • Recognition within the hobby as an expert/professional
  • More permissions, including invitations to hunt other people's permissions
  • Free gear
  • Sponsorship income
  • Access to gear before the general public
  • Opportunity to travel to events at little to no cost

To be clear, I don't think any of those things are bad. (Well, other than the 'bad attention' motivation.) But, there are certainly different ways of going about them.

Of course the Deus II could be an amazing machine. (You keep arguing against points nobody is making.) A lot of people agree and are paying attention. That's the point. They want to see evidence, and definitely when somebody makes a claim that a detector is not just amazing, it's also significantly better. They want to know if they should get on a waiting list now so they might get a unit this year. Instead, they get "Trust us! You'll see (after we us the hype for more views)!"

I have no idea how somebody could be so tone-deaf (pardon the pun) to not understand how such an approach and attitude would be poorly received on a metal discussion forum.

No, you made an accusation towards a person with zero evidence.

I am not arguing anything.
Just pointing out the facts.

So you keep watching and quit accusing.

For the record.
I don’t receive or make repetitive long distance phone calls to folks I deem liars, fraudsters, fairy tell tellers, or those who display habit of stretching the truth.

No, you made an accusation towards a person with zero evidence.

I am not arguing anything.
Just pointing out the facts.

So you keep watching and quit accusing.

Accusations towards a specific person with zero evidence? No, I made a list of "possible reasons" why YouTubers post videos with unsupported claims when they could just as easily show the evidence.

So, you've addressed the NDA issue for this one particular YouTuber. (I'll take your word for it.) What about other possible explanations for making completely unsupported comparison claims in videos? If I've missed something I'd be glad to add to my list and discuss them.

Here's what I wrote, with some underlined emphasis added to show that these were merely possible explanations....not direct accusations:

"Of course, these guys (and everybody else posting similar videos) know all of the above. I'm not saying anything they haven't considered. There are a few possible explanations.

-They've been instructed by XP to not release any field comparisons, at least for the first few weeks after launch.

-Maintaining a mystery around the machine as long as possible increases views, especially while the detector is hard to obtain. It's better in that regard to slowly reveal what it can do.

-Revealing that the detector is more similar than different to previous machines is bad for views

-They're not actually interested in objective comparisons or properly learning the new machine. Probably true for some but not others. My guess is that some of these YouTubers are doing comparisons, and possibly even filming them for future videos.

I had a pre-order in for one. I cancelled it because testers were not showing me in the field comparisons (relic-yard-park) against the Equinox. I also noticed what I consider way over the top hyping. No thanks. At this point it's going to take a miracle for me to ever purchase this detector. I don't relic hunt that much right now. I have never beach or fresh water hunted. So the ultra waterproofing is not something I need.

I know the Equinox very well having swung it for 3 plus years. I sure don't feel handicapped by swinging it. Actually I'm liking it more than ever. Besides I really don't want to learn a new detector right now. Maybe I'm just lazy.

I'm sure for a lot of people the Deus II will be a very useful and desirable detector. As for me I'm perfectly content to keep swinging what I have been.

People post videos about metal detecting on YouTube for all sorts of reasons. Some do it with zero hype. Others/Dealers who have some sort of affiliation make videos wearing swag and show nothing negative. Some who don't have any affiliation still hype the detector for their own reasons.....they have to be the first to say how good it is, they are trying to let everybody interested know how good it is, click bait for future viewers/subscribers...........who knows. It takes a lot of time, work and dedication to the hobby for sure to make these videos. I appreciate that.

Like I said earlier, I am not one to shoot the messenger. I would prefer that a messenger with no affiliation, no NDA and even if they received a free detector, just give me the facts and not the hype. Don't trash other very capable detectors either like the Excal, Nox and Legend while not trashing Deus 1. What's the point? Just show how they compare and leave it at that without editorializing, throwing detectors.......

From what I have seen in John's testing the only contest between Deus 1 and Deus 2 is ergonomics and separation/speed.....otherwise Deus 2 wins by several miles. I know his Deus 1 was stolen, BUT I have heard very little about that comparison, nor have I seen a direct comparison in his videos comparing Deus 2 Mono against any Deus 2 FMF mode for speed, depth, target ID accuracy and EMI and iron handling.

Last edited:
I don’t receive or make repetitive long distance phone calls to folks I deem liars, fraudsters, fairy tell tellers, or those who display habit of stretching the truth.

I would hope not, but who said they were any of those things? I assume they do have some promising evidence, and I bet it's a very good detector that is showing some unique strengths. That's the point. We can't tell if they are (at worst) stretching the truth. So, if you are going to be coy with the details and evidence so you can get more hype and views, then expect some criticism from your peers. Especially if you share it to a metal detecting discussion board.

Last edited:
I had a pre-order in for one. I cancelled it because testers were not showing me in the field comparisons (relic-yard-park) against the Equinox. I also noticed what I consider way over the top hyping. No thanks. At this point it's going to take a miracle for me to ever purchase this detector. I don't relic hunt that much right now. I have never beach or fresh water hunted. So the ultra waterproofing is not something I need.

I know the Equinox very well having swung it for 3 plus years. I sure don't feel handicapped by swinging it. Actually I'm liking it more than ever. Besides I really don't want to learn a new detector right now. Maybe I'm just lazy.

I'm sure for a lot of people the Deus II will be a very useful and desirable detector. As for me I'm perfectly content to keep swinging what I have been.

That’s exactly the thing. If someone is having a really rough time and isn’t finding much, the new machine might be looking very good! But if someone is ALREADY doing quite well, it’s very hard to justify spending ANY amount of money on something that might only be as good as what they have or perhaps only minimally better. I’m in the same boat…already do relatively well, having fun, enjoying my machine. It’s going to be hard to get what we want to see for awhile as far as “in field” comparisons go, if ever.

Calabash posted loads of videos about Minelab EQx 800.
He didn’t get squat from Minelab free.

He just shows videos of what he uses.

Showed Videos too of his use of excal 2 diving. He bought that too.

Calabash admitted Xp sent him Deus 2 unit for free. No nda is what he stated. He asked what were the restrictions up front. None were stated/given.

Could the Deus 2 actually be a real good unit?
Ever think about that?
Could it be?

Could Xp actually know how good it is based on their own testing and comparing to other competitors’ models?

Wonder what the answer is to all the questions above?

I could make a case Xp took a big chance turning those units loose prerelease and letting folks post videos on.
Wonder if someone made a mistake and outed the possible poor performance of deus 2? What then?

You know what I think.
The very first video where the man opens the box and the Deus 2 is in there is the tell all.
Nothing was said, no bragging, no mention it’s better than x or y model.
Nothing just a look.
Yeah. The owner of Xp (a real detectorist too btw) was right there in video and said zero about unit.
Just a stare into camera.

Notice Mr Blackwell’s videos.
He never pits Deus 2 against competitor models.
He won’t and can’t I think being he works with Xp.

Deus 2 may be a head scratcher for some. Due to how it was rolled out.
We’ll see in due time how good it is.

TN, you have made a lot of good points about the Deus II. I have pieced together enough evidence from reading your posts and watching several videos-mostly ones recommended by you-that I know I want one! Some great qualities in this machine. Some of the videos are helpful, and some are hypeful. The one posted here by the OP was not helpful. They found a coin and stuff with it, in a supposedly "hunted out site"...so it works. This could have been filmed with any detector...and still be pointless. This is the time for new product fact sharing. If the pioneers are making hypeful videos, shouldn't they be informative, or at least entertaining?
I guess if the site has been thoroughly gridded multiple times, etc. and they considered it hunted out, they should have demonstrated that point much better than just saying they hunted there tons of times, etc.
That's all. Disappointed: "No way there is more here? Shocking find !!!" :roll:

https://youtu.be/KXCnkUMF5T8

Couldn't believe what the XP Deus 2 found on a site I have been hunting for 2 years. Check out my video

Not a bad video. You guys were making some nice finds, and enjoying it, and narrating it pretty well. I just did not get the feeling that the site was thoroughly hunted out, even though you said things like "2 years" tons of times" and "hunted out". I believe the Deus II will find things that other machines struggle to unmask in iron. This video just didn't seem to help make that point. Let's see some more!

Wouldn't it be interesting to see a video with a Deus hunting a virgin site , cherrypicking only. Then have a Nox go through it doing the same thing ?

Wouldn't it be interesting to see a video with a Deus hunting a virgin site , cherrypicking only. Then have a Nox go through it doing the same thing ?

Oh man, you just HAD to come along and be a kill-joy, eh ? :laughing:

But seriously now : That would be fair for "balanced comment" equal testing.

When my buddies and I compare machines, we are very conscious of the bias's that are certain to go on. So we purposely flag targets and purposefully make dubious "calls" (to see if the other person concurs or disagrees). And purposefully flag a "vague area" (to let the OTHER guy show the exact spot).

Because it's not merely enough to say "I hear it" or "I would have dug that". The real test is : Can that person and their machine find it, if it WASN'T pointed out to them.

Let these gents post their videos. Nothing to defend for posting videos and their opinions on this detector. And nothing lost by watching them.

If they weren't popular videos they would have zero views.

This isn't anything different than when the nox came out. Endless post saying how it's the greatest ever only the d2's price is going to limit sales so there will be fewer people making videos. As with all new machines time will tell. I can remember reading hundreds of post of guys dreaming of a smf deus that was waterproof. The waterproof rating is far better than most ever expected and we all know the nox isn't reliably waterproof. I also believe there's a lot of nox owners that are butt hurt that there may be one that's better than their favorite kid.

If we are going to compare the Deus2 to the Nox, The Deus2 should do much

more than the Nox all around, Depth, more accurate VDI, Tones, Separation

Etc... to justify the almost double the cost of the Nox. If not, then I just dont

see the appeal. Having to charge three things is already a no go for me. :nah:

Maybe it will be a great detector, We will find out when large amount of

users start posting their opinions and experiences with the Deus2.

I had really hoped my Deus 2 would be here by now. I'm sure it's just like any other detector when compared to other higher end detectors. My equinox finds stuff my buddies CTX doesn't see. His CTX is deeper on certain targets that my Nox views as iron. My Deus 1 pulls out coins in areas where the equinox has been over. These machines have pluses and minuses. This new Deus 2 looks like it checks off a lot of the boxes. It doesn't need to be a lot better than the equinox it just needs to be somewhat better. Lighter, faster, deeper, better separation, better warranty, more water tight. I think it checks most of the boxes I'm looking for.

Back
Top Bottom