XP Deus II-No way there is more here? Shocking Find !!!

Dude you join yesterday, don't bother to introduce yourself and then flood the forum with Deus II hype videos. :laughing:

Last edited:
As with any site and any machine, the only way to truly know if it was the MACHINE or it got MISSED all this time would be to swing the previous machines used over the target with the settings you’ve been using with those previous machines to determine that. While it’s exciting to pull a large cent out of anywhere at any time, without the previous testing being done it doesn’t scientifically say anything important. Now…if you were to continue with this site and many many more desirable targets were found with the D2 running similar discrimination as previous machines, one could extrapolate that the D2 is finding things “easier” and perhaps has an advantage in that site for whatever reason. But to insinuate that the D2 is finding certain targets that other machines COULD NOT….you’d need the other machines which were used before to go over these newly found targets before they were dug to know for sure.
The thing is….everybody knows this. But, it is, at best, impractical to be hauling around several machines for testing purposes. If that isn’t going to happen, then the next best thing would be for MANY more desirable finds to come from that site in a relatively short period of time. Then one could be more secure in stating that the D2 is most CERTAINLY better at this task.
Even I have made a couple of videos which made it appear as though other machines COULD NOT have found what I did, and I have since taken them down. The presentation wasn’t correct, although I honestly felt at the time I filmed them that no other machine could’ve found those targets. The fact is….I didn’t really know for sure, so that would’ve been a misrepresentation.

HEY, the D2 can pick silver out of clad!

OK, I've already been doing that for the last 6 years already.

These D2 videos are just getting to be to much!

As with any site and any machine, the only way to truly know if it was the MACHINE or it got MISSED all this time would be to swing the previous machines used over the target with the settings you’ve been using with those previous machines to determine that. While it’s exciting to pull a large cent out of anywhere at any time, without the previous testing being done it doesn’t scientifically say anything important. Now…if you were to continue with this site and many many more desirable targets were found with the D2 running similar discrimination as previous machines, one could extrapolate that the D2 is finding things “easier” and perhaps has an advantage in that site for whatever reason. But to insinuate that the D2 is finding certain targets that other machines COULD NOT….you’d need the other machines which were used before to go over these newly found targets before they were dug to know for sure.
The thing is….everybody knows this. But, it is, at best, impractical to be hauling around several machines for testing purposes. If that isn’t going to happen, then the next best thing would be for MANY more desirable finds to come from that site in a relatively short period of time. Then one could be more secure in stating that the D2 is most CERTAINLY better at this task.
Even I have made a couple of videos which made it appear as though other machines COULD NOT have found what I did, and I have since taken them down. The presentation wasn’t correct, although I honestly felt at the time I filmed them that no other machine could’ve found those targets. The fact is….I didn’t really know for sure, so that would’ve been a misrepresentation.

Well said! Metal detecting is like bowling. They came out with high tech bowling balls. Then you find some of the old balls at an estate sale works just as good as a $400 ball. One of my best bowling balls cost $30 and i did better with it than the pro next to me with $1000 balls did that day.

I do know one thing for SURE. Simultaneous Multi Frequency machines, whether it be the Minelabs I’m most familiar with, the D2, the V3i, an older CZ….because they are using some kind of comparators, are MUCH better at sheer target identification. I would have to also believe that by lowering “iron bias” or the “silencer” setting on respective machines, you are progressively taking the influence of that comparator out of the equation, steering the performance of TID more toward what you’d expect from a single freq machine. I would further expect a SMF to find targets a single freq would not, in mineralized ground or a site with conductive trash. I’ve also found SMF to be better at reporting coins that are canted, tilted, standing straight up and down or any other such difficulty. The main thing that keeps me firmly planted in the realm of Minelab FBS/2 machines is RESULTS. If the D2 can go into “CTX hammered sites” or “Explorer hammered sites” like I hunt and produce handsomely with minimal effort…at that point for me it’s a no brainer, SOMETHING has made an advancement.

Must be an XP Deus II dealer. This is why I never buy the hype of the latest and greatest machine. Too many dealers posting here trying to drum up business.

Kevin...your spot on, I have hunted sites over and over until it wasn't paying off. Come back months later and start finding stuff again, !!! I'd say to myself :) I plan on doing, on site, in the ground target comparison's with my Nox and the D2. Although, it won't be fair to the D2 because I have 100's, maybe 1000 hours on the 800 as I have been using it hard for 4 years now. If I find stuff with the D2 that the Nox won't, that'll get my attention right quick. Been using FBS, FBS2 and Multi IQ since 1999, it's gonna be a tuff act to follow.

The op of this thread is not detector dealer whatsoever.
He’s a Deus 2 detector owner and operator.
Who has go pro camera and loves to detect.
He’s a history school teacher.
Has salt water beach detecting experience too.

Question.
Who else would we expect to see doing videos of Deus 2?
Besides the ones who are running them?

"History Teacher" is one of Calabash's hunting partners. He is not a dealer. He is making some Deus 2 vids. He is an experienced relic hunter in the ground conditions that he hunts in.

As far as being an experienced beach hunter....????????

I appreciate his efforts in making his Deus 2 videos. I appreciate Calabash's Deus 2 videos also. They have given me a great look at many of the characteristics of a fine detector.

I do wish they would stop promoting the Deus 2 as the end all be all for everybody. All I have seen so far is that it is an outstanding detector in their very inert soil and beach conditions and on the targets they hunt. There is nothing wrong with touting the Deus 2 as the ultimate detector for THEIR hunting style and conditions........

Last edited:
As with any site and any machine, the only way to truly know if it was the MACHINE or it got MISSED all this time would be to swing the previous machines used over the target with the settings you’ve been using with those previous machines to determine that. While it’s exciting to pull a large cent out of anywhere at any time, without the previous testing being done....................

I don't have a problem with the messenger. The unsupported claims and click bait titles are the problem.

If somebody wants to make videos without insinuations or claims about what other detectors can or can't do, then go right ahead. Have fun demonstrating the machine in the video. When they choose to make claims about what another detector can or can't do, yet don't take the obvious, available steps to support those claims, then they've opened themselves up to criticism.

If a spot has actually been hunted out, then doing pre-dig comparison videos shouldn't be be much of a hassle because there shouldn't be that many new signals to dig. Finding a deep quarter signal should be more than enough to turn that camera on and grab some other detectors.

On the other hand, if all of a sudden there are a surprising number of new diggable signals with the new detector, then that's also worth documenting and easily demonstrated. But, if only 10% of those now-audible targets turn out to be something other than junk, what does that mean? Is that an improvement?

Of course, these guys (and everybody else posting similar videos) know all of the above. I'm not saying anything they haven't considered. There are a few possible explanations.

-They've been instructed by XP to not release any field comparisons, at least for the first few weeks after launch.

-Maintaining a mystery around the machine as long as possible increases views, especially while the detector is hard to obtain. It's better in that regard to slowly reveal what it can do.

-Revealing that the detector is more similar than different to previous machines is bad for views

-They're not actually interested in objective comparisons or properly learning the new machine. Probably true for some but not others. My guess is that some of these YouTubers are doing comparisons, and possibly even filming them for future videos.

I don't have a problem with the messenger. The unsupported claims and click bait titles are the problem.

If somebody wants to make videos without insinuations or claims about what other detectors can or can't do, then go right ahead. Have fun demonstrating the machine in the video. When they choose to make claims about what another detector can or can't do, yet don't take the obvious, available steps to support those claims, then they've opened themselves up to criticism.

If a spot has actually been hunted out, then doing pre-dig comparison videos shouldn't be be much of a hassle because there shouldn't be that many new signals to dig. Finding a deep quarter signal should be more than enough to turn that camera on and grab some other detectors.

On the other hand, if all of a sudden there are a surprising number of new diggable signals with the new detector, then that's also worth documenting and easily demonstrated. But, if only 10% of those now-audible targets turn out to be something other than junk, what does that mean? Is that an improvement?

Of course, these guys (and everybody else posting similar videos) know all of the above. I'm not saying anything they haven't considered. There are a few possible explanations.

-They've been instructed by XP to not release any field comparisons, at least for the first few weeks after launch.

-Maintaining a mystery around the machine as long as possible increases views, especially while the detector is hard to obtain. It's better in that regard to slowly reveal what it can do.

-Revealing that the detector is more similar than different to previous machines is bad for views

-They're not actually interested in objective comparisons or properly learning the new machine. Probably true for some but not others. My guess is that some of these YouTubers are doing comparisons, and possibly even filming them for future videos.

Been instructed not to show any field comparisons..first few weeks of launch ??.
How do you know this?
Must be a mind reader I guess.
Why did they then show any comparisons using other models at all then like they did? In test garden and on the beach.
Makes no sense does it.

More has been shown of Deus 2 use by persons pre official release (shipping to
folks) than any other model to date !!!!
This I think is bullet proof statement.

We never got to see Minelab EQX compared to any other detector period pre release. And we saw limited use of it at detectival event.

We saw zero of Garret Ace Apex. Gent did have on back of antique ford truck. Never did show detector in video though. And talked it up too. Where was the flack given to this dude? Talked up a detector we didn’t even see. Laughable.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rXM0eEHts44

We have seen some (although limited) use of Makro Nokta Legend. Yet when it was shown, seems hardware might not be what folks will see with publicly released units.

Myself I try not to make stuff up as I go along. Rather stick to facts.

Last edited:
Methinks you guys are protesting WAY too much! We're not dealers, we swear! We're not being compensated for our 50 videos promoting the Deus II, we swear! We didn't get free stuff for promoting the Deus II, we swear! Sorry, but someone posting 50 videos hyping the same detector is being compensated in some way.

Yup, he loves to make negative claims about the AT Pro, but disables comments in his videos. Don't want anyone to disagree with his bogus claims, I guess.

Methinks you guys are protesting WAY too much! We're not dealers, we swear! We're not being compensated for our 50 videos promoting the Deus II, we swear! We didn't get free stuff for promoting the Deus II, we swear! Sorry, but someone posting 50 videos hyping the same detector is being compensated in some way.

Calabash posted loads of videos about Minelab EQx 800.
He didn’t get squat from Minelab free.

He just shows videos of what he uses.

Showed Videos too of his use of excal 2 diving. He bought that too.

Calabash admitted Xp sent him Deus 2 unit for free. No nda is what he stated. He asked what were the restrictions up front. None were stated/given.

Could the Deus 2 actually be a real good unit?
Ever think about that?
Could it be?

Could Xp actually know how good it is based on their own testing and comparing to other competitors’ models?

Wonder what the answer is to all the questions above?

I could make a case Xp took a big chance turning those units loose prerelease and letting folks post videos on.
Wonder if someone made a mistake and outed the possible poor performance of deus 2? What then?

You know what I think.
The very first video where the man opens the box and the Deus 2 is in there is the tell all.
Nothing was said, no bragging, no mention it’s better than x or y model.
Nothing just a look.
Yeah. The owner of Xp (a real detectorist too btw) was right there in video and said zero about unit.
Just a stare into camera.

Notice Mr Blackwell’s videos.
He never pits Deus 2 against competitor models.
He won’t and can’t I think being he works with Xp.

Deus 2 may be a head scratcher for some. Due to how it was rolled out.
We’ll see in due time how good it is.

This is a great opportunity for people to buy a Deus 2 and compare with their detector of choice and post their own video. I have an interest in watching these videos. 1, I can see how fast the recovery speed is. Looks like you can cover ground quickly without missing a high conductor. 2, I enjoy watching videos of finds no matter who's making them or for what reason. 3, these videos are showing the Deus 2 ability to be a multipurpose detector. I love my equinox because there are days when I go from land to water. There are days when I hunt in rain. It would be nice to have a competitor to the equinox.

Been instructed not to show any field comparisons..first few weeks of launch ??.
How do you know this?
Must be a mind reader I guess.
Why did they then show any comparisons using other models at all then like they did? In test garden and on the beach.
Makes no sense does it.

More has been shown of Deus 2 use by persons pre official release (shipping to
folks) than any other model to date !!!!
This I think is bullet proof statement.

Mind reader? Not at all. In fact, that the problem. YouTubers who make these sorts of videos expect their viewers to be mind readers when they say "This is a game changer! Other machines couldn't have done this! Trust me! I've seen the proof but not going to show it to you yet!"

I said disclosure agreements are a "possible explanation" for not showing comparisons in these videos. I do assume different users have different agreements, and those agreements could have different details about beach or dirt, or air tests, etc...

There's also the "don't bite the hand that just fed you" explanation. Even if somebody doesn't have an NDA, they can get caught up in being part of the initial hype and getting those subscribers and views.

If there's not an NDA stopping them (or any of the other YouTubers) from doing comparison videos in the dirt while making supported claims, then isn't that even worse? See my list of other possible explanations for not doing it, but they mostly amount to dragging the mystery of a new machine out as much as possible for views (i.e., money).

I didn't say tons of videos haven't been shown of the Deus II pre-release. You know that's not what's being debated here, so you're 'bullet proof statement' doesn't mean anything. Actually, it just emphasizes what a small percentage of those videos have shown direct field comparisons so far.

Again, if the place is truly hunted out, then there shouldn't be many signals and it would not be too much of a hassle to do a comparison to back up the claims. On the other hand, if there were lots of good signals now audible, then that would also be easy to document. Heck, it would back up everything they're saying.

If they have the proof, but aren't showing it, then it's because they're more interested in hype and views rather than metal detecting itself. If they don't have sufficient, objective proof to make these strong statements, then that's worth criticizing. So, which one is it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom