Back to Silverville

longbow62

Forum Supporter
It was 17 degrees when my buddy Jeff and I went back to the area that produced 15 silvers last Friday. It was probably the coldest weather I have ever detected in. He killed it again, and I did okay. We started off where I got the quarter trifecta last week. He stuck mostly in the front and I stayed mostly in the back. I squeezed one more Merc out of the back along with quite a few Wheat cents.

Jeff in the front went back over the front yard and the areas we skipped over before. On the curb strip really close to the road he got a Walking Liberty Half. He also got his first Merc of the day in the curb strip. When he went back over the front how we both missed the first time I don't know, but he got another Walking Liberty Half right in the middle of the front yard. I've only found 2 ever, and he gets 2 in one hunt. This front yard is not that big either! Over by the driveway he got his second Merc. After the first yard he had me 4-1. Moral of the story stay in the front yard. I always almost without fail find more silver in front yards vs. back yards.

As hard as it might be to believe 16 silver coins came from this small yard. All but 3 came from the front yard. They must have had a bunch of kids is all I can figure.

The second yard was also a re-hit from last Friday I got Mercs 2&3 there, plus a sterling silver nameplate from a braclet. Jeff got 2 Buffalo nickels and a bunch of Wheats.

Last yard should have great, but it was a let down. The ground in this yard was worst of the day to dig a plug in. Frozen a couple inches down in most of it. The other yards weren't to bad even early this morning. Jeff got the only silver out of this yard a Washington quarter. I tried really hard to get one more silver for the day, but it was not be. Overall I can't complain.

Attachments

• 20220121_181046_resized.jpg
    20220121_181046_resized.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_2329001.jpg
    IMG_2329001.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 409
I agree on the Front Yard holding the vast majority of coins on a given property. I don't even ask permission to detect the back, as almost all I've been invited to try have been pretty poor for silvers or wheat cents. Plus it is kind of the homeowner's private area and I don't ask to go there. You guys hit a great front yard, probably the best a friend and I have ever done was about 9 silvers in a fairly large front yard.

Congrats that house really produced!

Thanks, yes way beyond the norm.

Wow, silverville is right! Congrats on so many levels to both of you!

Thanks, this town has been a really big silver producer for Jeff in the past. A lot of other good looking houses if we can gain permissions.

I agree on the Front Yard holding the vast majority of coins on a given property. I don't even ask permission to detect the back, as almost all I've been invited to try have been pretty poor for silvers or wheat cents. Plus it is kind of the homeowner's private area and I don't ask to go there. You guys hit a great front yard, probably the best a friend and I have ever done was about 9 silvers in a fairly large front yard.

Thanks, yeah this yard gave up way more than it should have for it's size. We had a tear down in town that over many hunts time gave up that much or more. Houses like that are extremely rare for us. A lot of times we are lucky to get one a piece. Like the one we hit last today there should of been more. He got one I got the goose egg.

good show. I like all the green wheaties too :cool:

Thanks Tom, we were banging out the Wheat Cents for sure! I'll probably be sore tomorrow. Jeff dug more coins than I did overall I believe. I didn't dig a nickel one all day.

You guys are on fire. Congrats on all the silver and wheats. Two Walkers in one hunt, wow ! Way to go guys. Good luck on the return. Mark

Wow, you guys did great. Where people parked their cars is always the best place to hunt. People always lose coins when pulling their keys out of their pockets. Dirt parking lots are always productive.

Back
Top Bottom