• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

I am going to get a Garrett Pinpointer.......

Bajanick

Elite Member
I have an old whites but it only detects at a distance of 1/2 inch or less, which makes it pretty difficult to use, Maybe its defective?
My usual routine of pinpointing then digging, then standing up and pinpointing again back and forth is taking its toll on my legs and back.
:crying:

The Garrett service department is fast and fantastic.
We have three carrots. The oldest one stopped working recently.
Garrett rebuilt it to like New condition for a minimal charge.

I've used the Carrot, Pro-Find 35 and F-Pulse extensively and my favorite is the F-Pulse. They're all good in my opinion, but the F-Pulse has better closing range (aka: ratcheting or homing).

I hear the XP's Mi-4 and Mi-6 are great, too.

Garrett's customer service is amazing, though.

The Whites pinpointer I have is a bullseye 140mm (not bullseye2). I dont use it because it has to be within 1/2 of an inch of the target to sound off.
I adjust the sensitivity and it gets worse, back it off and the buzzer sounds off continuously.

The Garrett seems to be the one everyone uses, is adjustable and looks like it can detect a few inches away from a coin if needed.

Last edited:
Got one today, Stopped by a random park on the way home to test it and I dont how I detected without one. :facepalm:
Makes detecting much more enjoyable and less painfull on the back and legs. :excited:

Never can understand adjusting sensitivity "down" on a pinpointer. It can be detuned on the fly in a second, 2 seconds tops. I always run as hot as I can on a PPR.

I love my Garrett pinpointers. I had a carrot stop beeping last week, and took it apart to carefully clean the circuit board around the speaker. That fixed it. NOTE: To get the pinpointer apart, you HAVE to hold the on/off button down while pulling the unit out of the case. Otherwise, you can break the button trying to force it out.

I love my Garrett pinpointers. I had a carrot stop beeping last week, and took it apart to carefully clean the circuit board around the speaker. That fixed it. NOTE: To get the pinpointer apart, you HAVE to hold the on/off button down while pulling the unit out of the case. Otherwise, you can break the button trying to force it out.

So that's what I was doing wrong all those times! I wondered why it was so hard to pull out the electronics of the Garrett Carrot!

Back
Top Bottom