• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Legend - Deus II XP

gjdevlin

I'm leaning towards getting a Legend later this year but I'm curious as to why the Deus II XP is priced at almost 1500 (based on my research) compared to the Legend which is 600 to 700...?

The Legend is about a pound heavier than the XP Deus 2 if the factory specs are accurate. Some of the first group of testers of the Deus 2 and their followers are claiming the best depth, sensitivity, target id, separation of desirable/undesirable targets, etc. in all conditions at any price point. This is enough information for some people to reserve a purchase of the Deus 2 before it even comes to market. I think the street price of The Legend Pro Pack is going to be less than half the street price of a basic Deus 2. That Pro Pack is a good deal for the price. Most people that have experience with the Nokta/Makro detectors think the Legend is going to be a very tough, durable detector able to survive rougher environments when compared to other detectors. This is just my synopsis of the situation at present.

i did do a pre order on the Legend but I pondered for quite awhile before i did, i considered both the Legend and the Deus 2 long and hard as atomicbrcg stated, the price of that legend pro pack is a fantastic deal, if the legend turns out to be as good in the detecting department as the Equinox 800 which none of us will actually know until we have one in our hands and tweak setting to suit our ground and our hunting styles and that goes for a DEUS 2 also

you have to think the the cost for the legend pro pack is $765 I believe compared to the Deus 2 at $1599 with one coil then you add a second coil to that DEUS 2 you have now pushed the cost to close to 2K which makes it almost 3 times what the Legend is
The only other coil I want for the Legend is a 9.5 x 5 inch coil and even then the cost for the Legend will end up just a little over $800

Again none of us will even know what to expect until we have either in our hands, how much I will get to detect played a big part in my decision as well, if I were still able to get out and detect everyday like I once did my pre order might have went the other way but I am realistic and do not see myself ever being able to get out and detect like I once did, if I had purchased the Deus 2 and then it sat leaned up against the wall most of the time I would be kicking myself real hard, which I will do the same with the Legend just not near as hard

It really looks to me like the Legend is an Equinox competitor, while the D2 is quite a bit more involved and perhaps geared toward the REALLY hardcore hunter looking to “eek” the last 5% of achievable targets out of their sites. Let’s face it, targets of any kind at up to 5-6” deep can be seen with just about anything nowadays, but the price of the D2 is what it is because of the apparent ability to see deep and fast at the same time, along with engineering that’s at the pinnacle of what’s available. Will the Legend make some people happy? I’m quite sure. Can it compete with the D2 in every category? At half the price I wouldn’t expect it to, and don’t think it will. Quite honestly, from the 4-5 videos I’ve watched on the Legend, it looks and sounds pretty much like a re-hashed Equinox. That’s just my take. If you have an Equinox already, I don’t think you’d be gaining anything by getting a Legend too. JMHO.

It really looks to me like the Legend is an Equinox competitor, while the D2 is quite a bit more involved and perhaps geared toward the REALLY hardcore hunter looking to “eek” the last 5% of achievable targets out of their sites. Let’s face it, targets of any kind at up to 5-6” deep can be seen with just about anything nowadays, but the price of the D2 is what it is because of the apparent ability to see deep and fast at the same time, along with engineering that’s at the pinnacle of what’s available. Will the Legend make some people happy? I’m quite sure. Can it compete with the D2 in every category? At half the price I wouldn’t expect it to, and don’t think it will. Quite honestly, from the 4-5 videos I’ve watched on the Legend, it looks and sounds pretty much like a re-hashed Equinox. That’s just my take. If you have an Equinox already, I don’t think you’d be gaining anything by getting a Legend too. JMHO.

you are correct but like i stated none of us will actually know anything until either machine is in our hands

The manufacturing cost of the Deus which is French vs legend which is Turkish and minelab which is Malaysian

The manufacturing cost of the Deus which is French vs legend which is Turkish and minelab which is Malaysian
What you are saying really makes sense about the price points.
The same thing can be said about other products. Yachts, business jets come to mind.

Most people will never dive with it but it can be used to 66 ft below the surface. The 5 year warranty is a bonus.

Equinox 800 costs $800-1000. Aftermarket shaft $140. I haven't had any issues with my equinox but a lot of people have.

The CTX is $2000 machine. A little deeper than an equinox but not as good in iron. It's also not as capable at finding micro targets or gold nuggets.

You also have the wireless coil to the head I have no idea what they think that is worth?
I wouldn't say the CTX is deeper then the NOX I seen the opposite between the two of them.

Most people will never dive with it but it can be used to 66 ft below the surface. The 5 year warranty is a bonus.

Equinox 800 costs $800-1000. Aftermarket shaft $140. I haven't had any issues with my equinox but a lot of people have.

The CTX is $2000 machine. A little deeper than an equinox but not as good in iron. It's also not as capable at finding micro targets or gold nuggets.

Also, it looks like the Legend is in the price range where it might be a real competitor to not only the Equinox 800 but the Equinox 600 and Garrett AT series. Basically, for the same price the consumer will get multi-frequency, wireless headphones and a rechargeable lithium-ion battery with the Legend.

Also, it looks like the Legend is in the price range where it might be a real competitor to not only the Equinox 800 but the Equinox 600 and Garrett AT series. Basically, for the same price the consumer will get multi-frequency, wireless headphones and a rechargeable lithium-ion battery with the Legend.

No, that's what the Simplex is for.

The Legend was designed to go after the Equinox...and maybe the Apex.

For the Legends sake I hope it isn't relying on the clock and the flashlight to be as good as the Equinox. I really hope it competes with the Equinox. We need the competition between these companies to get the best detectors at the best prices.

Legend

A machine not proven in the field , for a vlf , with a high price tag , my opinion jump on a Equinox 800 , right now get a free 15 coil while supplies last , call the sponsors on here for your best package deal , save some money , a proven in the field great machine .

I'm leaning towards getting a Legend later this year but I'm curious as to why the Deus II XP is priced at almost 1500 (based on my research) compared to the Legend which is 600 to 700...?

The original Deus 1 price for the full version with one coil, remote control, wireless WS4 headphones, etc. has been around $1300 US for years. Deus 2 being capable of salt water beach detecting, submerged detecting to 20 meters, and for its new simultaneous multi frequency technology and added audio features is just better than the $1300 Deus 1. So, that $1599 price for Deus 2 should be no surprise to anyone that has done their research.

The Legend is a direct competitor for the Equinox 600 and 800 and is priced accordingly near the Equinox 600 price between $600 and $750 US. For most detectorist that don’t need to pay a premium for the lightest VLF detector in the world or for a detector for diving deeper than 3 meters, The Equinox and Legend are a real bargain.

I just hope the Legend is slightly better than the Nox. I want one so bad I can taste it. I can't wait to see how it stacks up to the competition. I am very interested in the faro check indicator, and how that all plays into helping with target ID.
As for as good as, or better than a Deus II, I seriously doubt it. they are in 2 different leagues.

Deus 2

Legend looks like a decent machine.
Looks like it's on par with the equinox.
Just ordered the deus 2.
Looks like a great machine.
Love how easy it is to throw in a backpack for the woods.
Little pricey but you get what you pay for.
Now it's a waiting game

Legend should be a great machine.
I thought about it but changed my mind.
Good luck digging.
I have a simplex and love it legend should take it to another level.

Makro has made a quality machine from day 1,, but Deus has also. It pretty much comes down to finances,and what your looking for. The original Deus is just an animal and although Im curious about the Deus 2 I don't think I'm missing anything enough to justify jumping ship. I would imagine the legend would be the better park/yard machine and the Deus the better field machine.

I have three equinoxes 2 (800 and 1 600) and like them lots. So much so that I have sold all my other machines. I have one for each coil size and use them all for different hunting scenarios. I don't know, maybe I'm just lazy. Anyways, I am not giving up on the equinoxes, just updating the arsenal. My research on the Legend says that it seems to be a good machine as well, at a nice price point, but I already have the equinoxes and I did not see significant gains there. The Deus was my next go to machine, but now have a preorder in for the Deus 2. I wanted to take it to the next level and it seems the Deus 2 will do that for me. I have studied the manual and purchased a couple of Mi6 pin pointers. I will get the bone conduction and be off to the races when it comes in. While I do appreciate others opinions, both good and bad, I will form my own opinion when I finally get to use it and share it accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom