Dog House Tag

CSmith

I found this metal tag that says Dog House on it. I am curious if anyone can give me any info on what it might have been used for. I was previously told that years ago families would have what was called a funny wall with an empty dog house. Then hanging on pegs next to the dog house are wooden or metal tags which you could designate a family member name to. If the kids were naughty he was required to put his name tag in the dog house. The parents would then give some punishment or chore for getting in enough trouble to be in the dog house. Any one with any other stories or info? Possible years?
Thanks

Attachments

• 20211231_194626.jpg
    20211231_194626.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 277
Looks like something my wife would hang around my neck if I told her she appeared to gain weight over the holidays before sending me into the backyard to sleep.

'Dog House' can refer to something other than an abode for the family canine or a hubby on the outs with the little lady. When I worked in the oilfield back in the early 1970s the hut in the 'yard' where the hands could go to either chill or wait for their crew to leave the yard was call the dog house. Pretty much every service company in the oilfield had a doghouse in the yard.

'Dog House' can refer to something other than an abode for the family canine or a hubby on the outs with the little lady. When I worked in the oilfield back in the early 1970s the hut in the 'yard' where the hands could go to either chill or wait for their crew to leave the yard was call the dog house. Pretty much every service company in the oilfield had a doghouse in the yard.

I worked oil also, marine, and the control rooms were called the dog house.

https://www.ggolf.com/ I'm thinking that might be what's left of a golf divot repair tool. Take a look at this site, there were some that looked close. On the site select "Pro shop supplies" and click on Divot repair tools.

Not sure you’ll ever be able to ID that target. Judging by the crudeness of the word alignment, looks to be a personal handmade piece made for whatever purpose the individual had intended.

However, it may be a keychain to the key for a doghouse (oil, or marine), or perhaps a divot repair tool?

My moneys on the custom/personally made idea. Was there ever another building, or structure on the property at any point?

Back
Top Bottom