• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Like Maxxcat...

metaladdict

Elite Member
Some info for ya....
Try hunting at playground at apartment complexes, just walk in in the early morning like you live there and dig up the pirate loot, I mean coins/jewelry đź‘Ť
If anyone asks just tell em Tom said it was fine.:D

Never thought of that. When I hunt tot lots I hunt the ones in a public park. Never even though about apt complexes having tot lots. But makes sense, if they have a pool likely to have a tot lot.

google earth here I come!

did some searching in my area (north Atlanta) of google earth. What I found was apt complexes had no tot lots. Maybe they think the liability is too much and would increase their insurance. Most had tennis courts and a few had pools but absolutely none had tot lots. Must have searched 20 apt complexes on google earth.

however almost all parks have them.

Is there a best spot in a tot lot to look? Like around swings or just anywhere in the tot lot?

did some searching in my area (north Atlanta) of google earth. What I found was apt complexes had no tot lots. Maybe they think the liability is too much and would increase their insurance. Most had tennis courts and a few had pools but absolutely none had tot lots. Must have searched 20 apt complexes on google earth.

however almost all parks have them.

Is there a best spot in a tot lot to look? Like around swings or just anywhere in the tot lot?

I'm not a huge tot lot hunter, but when I do hunt them, I hunt anywhere the parents congregate. Most of the good targets coming from these areas are being dropped by the guardians, not the children. Though the children have been known to drop some good targets too. Usually they are pretty easy to grid and arent all that large. I would recommend using a smaller coil so you can get closer to the equipment. Many hunters stray away from this, myself included. Always be prepared for nosey kids too, usually I'll just throw them a crusty penny or two, or some non precious relics, and that will keep them happy for a bit :laughing: and now the number 1 rule: if there is EVER any kind of trouble, whether it be law enforcement, angry Karen, flustered city worker, etc... Tom said it was fine! :lol:

I'm not a huge tot lot hunter, but when I do hunt them, I hunt anywhere the parents congregate. Most of the good targets coming from these areas are being dropped by the guardians, not the children. Though the children have been known to drop some good targets too. Usually they are pretty easy to grid and arent all that large. I would recommend using a smaller coil so you can get closer to the equipment. Many hunters stray away from this, myself included. Always be prepared for nosey kids too, usually I'll just throw them a crusty penny or two, or some non precious relics, and that will keep them happy for a bit :laughing: and now the number 1 rule: if there is EVER any kind of trouble, whether it be law enforcement, angry Karen, flustered city worker, etc... Tom said it was fine! :lol:

I once found 3 wheat pennies under the climbing bars or what ever they call it these days. Had to be some kid getting into dad's or grandpa's coin collection.

No other reason I can think of.

X2. Always check the swing area for the little guys. Lots of parents pushing kids on those. Also way out in front of the big kid swings. They swing, and jump out of them! Lose lots of change and necklaces, rings etc.

Back
Top Bottom