Old Telephone Sign

amc rulz

Forum Supporter
I found this last year at a bridge tear out in a village north of me. There were quite a few bottles too, but I think the workers took the good ones. I left this old mangled sign but now I sort of wish I’d grabbed it.

Attachments

• 47F0E6E2-7CBD-420B-8F6B-F9D1885B25DD.jpg
    47F0E6E2-7CBD-420B-8F6B-F9D1885B25DD.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 581
Telecom lineman until I retired last year at 58, so kind of appropriate. Not only is cell service and internet unavailable in some areas of Michigan (and US), but there are still party lines, even in the city believe it or not.

That porcelain enameled sign still has most of its' design and great colors. Now you have a picture to haunt you for not grabbing it. I have done the same thing -- many times. Even tried going back to look for them and naturally, gone. :(

Some of those have collector value. For example restaurants that want to decorate with "vintage Americana" will pay a premium for some of those.

Those types of signs are pretty valuable, I found an old tobacco porcelain sign, but it was also beat up like yours.
There are a bunch like this one on Ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/333698517093

First can’t determine value by “Buy it Now” on EBay. Also all too many porcelain signs are fakes out of India. Authentic vintage signs are of course desirable. Value as always is based upon condition , rarity and demand.

First can’t determine value by “Buy it Now” on EBay. Also all too many porcelain signs are fakes out of India. Authentic vintage signs are of course desirable. Value as always is based upon condition , rarity and demand.
That is true. I always check out ‘sold’ eBay auctions when I’m trying to determine value.

Too bad you did not grab that sign, Amc rulz! It would look good, once straightened, tacked up on the wall in your man cave!
KT I could kick myself now for not grabbing that sign! Thing is, I have other old telecom related items including an old Bell sign and a couple old 1940’s rotary dial telephones. At one point I even owned a telephone booth!

KT I could kick myself now for not grabbing that sign! Thing is, I have other old telecom related items including an old Bell sign and a couple old 1940’s rotary dial telephones. At one point I even owned a telephone booth!

I have a friend who worked for Ma Bell before the breakup....he has around 200 telephones of all types on the walls in his basement! His wife will not let him put even one of them up on the mail level of the house on display! HA HA
:laughing::laughing:

He even has a couple of early telephones that he built from the original early patent designs! But I do not think he ever owned a telephone booth! LOL

Back
Top Bottom