Lions and Tig...Bobcats and Bears, oh my! (My Game Cameras)

CountyWorker

The Lord of the Cheap Rings
Forum Supporter
My YouTube channel is Oregon Coast Wildlife. If you watch my videos, watch them chronologically in reverse. I've gotten better at making videos over time. :blink:

Here are a couple of Cougar videos. One in my driveway and one at the creek that runs through my property.

I also have some beautiful photos, but since you have to size down photos for the forum, I'll add them to the thread every now and then.

If you subscribe to my YouTube channel, you get some kind of notification when I post a new video. I don't really know how it all works. I'm mostly computer challenged. :lol:

I've tried to embed the second YouTube video numerous times and it just won't work. :shrug:

Last edited:
My avatar.

Attachments

• rsz_1unnamed_2.jpg
    rsz_1unnamed_2.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 886
Neat pics, but glad we don't have animals like them roaming around here :shock: :lol:

We live in a semi-rural area right next to a small town and once in a great while you might hear coyotes at night, but pretty seldom, usually we just have deer, an occasional fox, turtle, rabbit, stuff like that.

We have 1 1/2 acres right next to woods and I used to have an inexpensive trail camera I kept positioned near the woods and would occasionally capture some interesting videos, but it stopped working, would like to eventually get another one but don't want to pay too much but still have one that would last at least about 2 years like the last one did.

My YouTube channel is Oregon Coast Wildlife. If you watch my videos, watch them chronologically in reverse. I've gotten better at making videos over time. :blink:

Here are a couple of Cougar videos. One in my driveway and one at the creek that runs through my property.

I also have some beautiful photos, but since you have to size down photos for the forum, I'll add them to the thread every now and then.

If you subscribe to my YouTube channel, you get some kind of notification when I post a new video. I don't really know how it all works. I'm mostly computer challenged. :lol:

Great videos! I subscribed.

While they are usually pretty rare around here I do remember one time years ago hearing a sound at night that could have been a bobcat, or else a really noisy stray cat :lol:

I get videos and/or photos of them nearly every day/night.

Attachments

• MFDC3944 (2).jpg
    MFDC3944 (2).jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 692
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 694
River Otters and a Great Blue Heron.

Attachments

• IMG_0006 (3)_Moment.jpg
    IMG_0006 (3)_Moment.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 689
  • IMG_0003 (10)_Moment.jpg
    IMG_0003 (10)_Moment.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 697
Very cool indeed. Years ago we had some friends that had a Bobcat as a pet. Raised it from an abandoned cub. While at their house it came up and laid in my lap. Dat were a lot-O-kitty so it was. It's paws were bigger than my fists.:shock::yes:

Very cool indeed. Years ago we had some friends that had a Bobcat as a pet. Raised it from an abandoned cub. While at their house it came up and laid in my lap. Dat were a lot-O-kitty so it was. It's paws were bigger than my fists.:shock::yes:

Most people don't have a full understanding of how big a lion is. My lions can push 150 lbs. and 7 ft. tall. Bobcats are about a sixth of that. Oregon has catalogued Cougars at over 200 lbs.

Attachments

• MFDC3447.jpg
    MFDC3447.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 658
  • MFDC2280 (2).jpg
    MFDC2280 (2).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 678
Another size comparison.

Attachments

• IMG_0002_Moment(2).jpg
    IMG_0002_Moment(2).jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 634
  • IMG_0002 (51)_Moment.jpg
    IMG_0002 (51)_Moment.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 629
  • IMG_0002 (27)_Moment.jpg
    IMG_0002 (27)_Moment.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 629
Awesome pics I really like the otters too, I never see them as often. I agree with others about the wildlife, I just wouldn’t feel comfortable living around lions and bears. I’ll stick with the danger we have here in ‘possums and coon and the occasional ‘yote. Lol.

I have been using Trail cameras every since they came out. My thing now is the Ridgetec cellular camera which is stand alone and will send you an immediate picture or video to your computer or phone. It does not require that trip to the field to change out cards. On top of daily wild animal pictures we have on occasion caught unwanted visitors with what is called theft and damage to personal property. We had such great success with the wild game that we decided to advance these same cameras to a security job on our distant cabin and property. It is a great hobby and now it is also a means to allow some degree of comfort to property that is un attended.

Awesome pics I really like the otters too, I never see them as often. I agree with others about the wildlife, I just wouldn’t feel comfortable living around lions and bears. I’ll stick with the danger we have here in ‘possums and coon and the occasional ‘yote. Lol.

Thanks, I have some River Otter videos on my YouTube channel. Don't forget to click on subscribe, because you'll get notified when I put a new video up.

I read the posting YouTube video thread, so I hope these links work.

Attachments

• IMG_0001 (27)_Moment.jpg
    IMG_0001 (27)_Moment.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 651
Great pictures man, looks like you're set up in perfect spots!
My folks have 2 cams outside their place in southern NH and they are catching things on tape that I never saw in my youth there, lots of bear and a big cat or two...

I have been using Trail cameras every since they came out. My thing now is the Ridgetec cellular camera which is stand alone and will send you an immediate picture or video to your computer or phone. It does not require that trip to the field to change out cards. On top of daily wild animal pictures we have on occasion caught unwanted visitors with what is called theft and damage to personal property. We had such great success with the wild game that we decided to advance these same cameras to a security job on our distant cabin and property. It is a great hobby and now it is also a means to allow some degree of comfort to property that is un attended.

There's no cell phone service where I live. Also, I'm trying to get the highest quality images that I can and cellular cameras have mediocre image quality.

Back
Top Bottom