NOX 800 Park 1 or Park 2?

Cherry Picker

Forum Supporter
I like setting one for tot lots with no discrimination, and one for trashy parks with a tight select pattern of 12-13 open and 17+ open. Which is best Park 1 for the trashy parks and Park 2 for tot lots or vice versa?

Thanks

That's a really good question, that I'm also interested in the answer to.

I actually strongly dislike using my Nox 800 in tot-lots. Way prefer my Compadre, just seems easier for tot-lots.

I like setting one for tot lots with no discrimination, and one for trashy parks with a tight select pattern of 12-13 open and 17+ open. Which is best Park 1 for the trashy parks and Park 2 for tot lots or vice versa?

Thanks

Are you interested in coins only or are you also interested in jewelry including micro gold jewelry?

Also, Park 1 and Field 1 are very similar and have lower frequency weighting for general detecting. Park 2 and Field 2 are very similar and have higher frequency weighting for smaller targets, partially masked targets, and are great for micro gold jewelry and small gold nugget prospecting.

The mode names are starting points only and can be ignored except for the Beach modes. I use all four and ignore their name differences Park vs Field which really only apply to European areas with coke since the default Field modes have -9 to +2 rejected in order to deal with iron and coke. Default Park 1 and Park 2 have -9 to 0 or +1 rejected. Set up Park 1 and Field 1 exactly the same and they behave very similar. Same with Park 2 and Field 2.

If you really want to hit some micro jewelry use one of the Gold modes which could also just be labeled Hybrid All Metal Modes with VCO.

Being very limited on my hunting time I need to make the most out of the time I have that is why I use such a selective pattern in the park. I knew one of the two programs was better set up by default for coins and one for gold, I just couldn't remember which one it was. DUH, then I looked at the manual and there it was plain as day.

Park 1 favors coins.
Park 2 favors jewelry.

Now, come on weather.

Here’s the deal. There can be exceptions. Park 1 will typically yield more accurate id on higher conductors that is being somewhat mask with ferrous.
Park 2 will typically yield more accurate id on lower conductors that are partially being marked by ferrous.
Some soils- Higher mineralization Park 2 can be deeper on higher conductors vs park 1.

Thought I would share.

I have Park 1 set for $ kHz and Park 2 on 40 kHz, is that a good idea, or should I use Multi? In the videos I've seen the 4 kHz seemed to hit harder on high conductors, and I know 40 kHz is great on gold.

I have Park 1 set for $ kHz and Park 2 on 40 kHz, is that a good idea, or should I use Multi? In the videos I've seen the 4 kHz seemed to hit harder on high conductors, and I know 40 kHz is great on gold.

Hi,
I always hunt in Multi. The Equinox Multi IQ technology is the heart and soul of the detector. Using the selectable single frequencies turns the Equinox into a faster version of the X-Terra 705 with more frequency choices while using the same coil. If you want to totally handicap the Equinox....use it in a selectable single frequency. If you want to get the absolute full benefit of Multi IQ you have to run in Multi.

Here is an interesting and very thought provoking read. The writer was one of the US field testers for the Equinox and gave Minelab direct input (which they listened to) about the final version of the Equinox. Since the Equinox has advanced SMF tech that makes the ground more invisible than previous SMF technology including BBS and FBS, the topic that Steve addresses in this link is even more important and tosses a lot of single frequency do's and don'ts out the window.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/...cy-more-about-target-size-than-type-of-metal/

Tot lots might as well use Park2, and probably no sense in running a 20 sensitivity there either. That park you got next to the Arkansas river where you said everything is deep experiment 1&2 with both Park and Field. I'd keep the horseshoe engaged myself. I like to know where the iron is. I'd run the sensitivity as high as possible and lower the recovery some if possible. I have found the deepest coins to be whispers with the volume maxed. If you can go wired with a set of audiophile headphones try that to. That was a tip I got from (Raphis) I keep a set with me for when I start running into really deep targets or where I know they are deep to begin with.

By all means keep it in Multi!!

Using single freq ops is just that. Works the same in all detect modes, park and field modes.
Use of 4 kHz can help a person in some sites with modern trash. Some targets (higher conductors) May be eked out with 4 kHz vs multi frequency use.
Milder ground 4khz can hit harder on higher conductors vs use of multi. One problem though, bottle caps can sound good too.
So use of non multi freq ops is situational and should be limited imo.

Hi,
I always hunt in Multi. The Equinox Multi IQ technology is the heart and soul of the detector. Using the selectable single frequencies turns the Equinox into a faster version of the X-Terra 705 with more frequency choices while using the same coil. If you want to totally handicap the Equinox....use it in a selectable single frequency. If you want to get the absolute full benefit of Multi IQ you have to run in Multi.

Here is an interesting and very thought provoking read. The writer was one of the US field testers for the Equinox and gave Minelab direct input (which they listened to) about the final version of the Equinox. Since the Equinox has advanced SMF tech that makes the ground more invisible than previous SMF technology including BBS and FBS, the topic that Steve addresses in this link is even more important and tosses a lot of single frequency do's and don'ts out the window.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/...cy-more-about-target-size-than-type-of-metal/

Great information. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom