• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

More phoenix buttons

Cool stuff as always guys and thanks for sharing.

Jam, I may never compete with you on quantities of silver, but when I do get a coin, it can be super old. Doh ! :laughing:

Looks like a fun time was had by you guys. How long was your hunt in terms of swing time?

thanx for joining us Maxx : I think we were there for ~6 hrs.

Very sparse period-targets per hour, I know. But we're resolved that we don't mind doing all that time for a single coin or button, if it's 1810s/20/30s.

Oddly, truth-be-told, the super old coins don't necessarily have more value than key date barbers or mercs. Ie.: there's plenty of reales & P mint seateds, that have no numismatic value. And the buttons we find, in this case, would be lucky to net $30 each for a couple of them (if they even sold).

But the thrill of reaching to the utmost limit in European toe-hold CA history, is fun. Kind of like the CW guys : They go bonkers over buttons that, truth be told, might only be worth $30. But to them, they're priceless :cool:

Like fishing : It's not the monetary value of the fish (that you can eat), it's the sport of out-smarting the wily evasive lunker fish. :lol:

Back pocket sites eh ? More like a top pocket honey hole. Congrats to you and Cal on some fine hunting and really cool finds. Good luck, Mark

Great outing Tom. Nice to see some more rescued Phoenix Buttons. Gonna have to make my way down there one of these days. Cheers!

Bill

Back
Top Bottom