Lost civil war treasure / FBI recovery ?

I love this quote : ".... Using sophisticated high-end metal detectors ...." :roll:

Uhhhh, gee, and why didn't the media (and or FK himself) tell people about the dowsing also used ? Because of course they'd be the laughing stock.

Dave, please stop torturing us !! :sissyfight:

I wish that the media, who loves these salacious stories, would let someone come on to give the more-plausible-explanations for all these conspiracies theories gone awry. To allow for balanced comment.

I volunteer to explain away all the smoke that FK is making. Where's the media to interview me ? Instead, it's the clowns that are "certain they've found a treasure" that show up beating on the media's doorstep.

An example of this psychology is the dudes on Oak Island show : You would be surprised at all the clowns that are writing letters, calling, showing up, sending emails, all HELL BENT on asking the Lagina brothers to come help them (finance, etc....) their "Iron-clad-treasure" they've "found" (past tense).

See how it's merely a social contagion ? Brings all the dreamers out of the woodwork. And just like Oak Island, when nothing is there, it NEVER means "nothing is there". It only means someone stole it. Or it's a little deeper. Or .... someone got it decades earlier I guess. Or "durned those sunspots that must've affected my dowsing rod", etc..... But rest assured: TREASURE !! :roll:

Think it might just make a great National Treasure movie :laughing::laughing: Sure a lot will watch it all play out in court .

You see how the FBI looses either way ? No matter what they say, it can STILL ONLY mean: "Stolen treasure".

Here's how the psychology game works:

a) If they say : "Yes we found treasure, and yes we stole it", then PRESTO : A treasure ! See ?

b) If they say : "There was no treasure there, and we didn't steal anything", then PRESTO: A treasure ! How do we know ? BECAUSE OF COURSE it's all a giant conspiracy (like area 51, the JFK assassination, 9-11, etc...).

So no matter if they say "yes" or "no", it still only means "treasure". :?:

Ok, let's try this thought experiment on for size :

David : I say you murdered someone last week. If your answer is: "Prove it" My evidence is: I saw you actually suspiciously. A neighbor of yours has seen you coming home at odd hours lately. There's a mysterious scratch on your left front bumper. And you have squinty eyes. Therefore, you are accused of murder.

You can either admit it. In which case I say "I was right" . Or you can deny it. In which case I say : "Well Duh, of COURSE Dave is going to deny murder. After all, that's what murderers do, is deny their guilt".

Thus, either way, you lose. So do you care to admit to the murder Dave ? :?:

Last edited:
So you are saying the American Government has never lied to the people

You see how the FBI looses either way ? No matter what they say, it can STILL ONLY mean: "Stolen treasure".

Here's how the psychology game works:

a) If they say : "Yes we found treasure, and yes we stole it", then PRESTO : A treasure ! See ?

b) If they say : "There was no treasure there, and we didn't steal anything", then PRESTO: A treasure ! How do we know ? BECAUSE OF COURSE it's all a giant conspiracy (like area 51, the JFK assassination, 9-11, etc...).

So no matter if they say "yes" or "no", it still only means "treasure". :?:

Here are a listing of a few of the proven ones , though i imagine there are many more . https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...ally cancer-causing virus. ... More items...

Interesting link David.

Just want to remind everyone The Friendly is a Politics Free Zone and some conspiracy theories can wander into that area.

only posted the ones that were proven so as not to get into politics , didn't want to open a can of worms , but it does show a long history of the USA hiding information from the general public. Also a bit of fun to screw a bit with Tom-in-CA poo-poo all treasure stories .

Stayed out of this [until now]:D

With all the avoiding that is going on by government agencies I think something was found there. What, who knows?

Here are a listing of a few of the proven ones , though i imagine there are many more ....

David, you are playing right-into my proverbial hand. I can play the same game : I can link you to persons who did indeed murder people. And then conclude : Therefore: Dave is guilty of murder

1) After all, I've given you point blank links of persons who , like you, are fully capable of murder.

2) There's that mysterious scratch on your bumper. Your strange behavior lately. The neighbor who noticed you had squinty eyes.

And if you deny it, all I have to do is point you to the link of past murderers.

Ok, then why is it any different if you can point me to "past conspiracies". Does that somehow prove that every/all imagined conspiracies GOING FORWARD are necessarily true ? OF COURSE NOT. Nor do people that murder prove that Dave murders.

It does not "logically follow".

I have seen the same failure of syllogism done this way too : If you try to tell the legend chasers that "they need to practice skepticism" or that it's "not likely their fable points to treasure", here's what they sometimes do next :

They will point out past treasures THAT WERE FOUND (eg.: Mel Fisher's Atocha, a hoard in England, etc....). As if to imply that various past treasures that WERE found, somehow validate their current ghost story. Ie.: that all treasure story legends must be credible, simply because others turned out to be true.

But this does not logically follow. Past treasure, past conspiracies, past murderers, do not tell you what future events will be.

.... Also a bit of fun to screw a bit with Tom-in-CA poo-poo all treasure stories .

Aha, more proof that you are a murderer. Because the step from this torture, to murder, is a very small step. :cool3: Ie.: If you can be so evil as to torture me with this Dents Run nonsense, then ...... murder is an easy step now. :mad:

Ok Dave, admit you are a murderer. If you doubt me, I can link you to past murder conspiracies. Thus only furthering the proof of you too being a murder. The evidence is stacking up !

With all the avoiding that is going on by government agencies I think something was found there. ....

And ... for sure they're also hiding aliens in area 51. Eh ?

After all, with all that "avoiding" going on in Govt. agencies, then their "no" ONLY MEANS YES . For every/all topics. Right ? :?:

:laughing:

Stayed out of this [until now]:D

With all the avoiding that is going on by government agencies I think something was found there. What, who knows?
Will be interesting to find out the truth one way or the other , the fact that the Feds went back in the night to finish digging and finished up before anyone was around to see does seem kind of fishy. A big haul of gold would finance a lot of black ops operations. Fun to speculate about it most everyone likes a good treasure story except (Tom -in-CA ) they drive him crazy :laughing: Be intresting to see what others think about the whole thing. Won't be the first time the USA has been accused of finding and recovering war loot , many rumors of Nazi hoards found and removed as well as Japanese loot recovered in the Philippines . A number of books written on the Japanese treasure in the Philippines and many think that America recovered at least part of it. Her is one book

Gold Warriors: America's Secret Recovery of Yamashita's Gold
by Sterling Seagrave, Peggy Seagrave

In 1945, US intelligence officers in Manila discovered that the Japanese had hidden large quantities of gold bullion and other looted treasure in the Philippines. President Truman decided to recover the gold but to keep its riches secret. These, combined with Japanese treasure recovered during the US occupation, and with recovered Nazi loot, would create a worldwide American political action fund to fight communism. This ‘Black Gold’ gave Washington virtually limitless, unaccountable funds, providing an asset base to reinforce the treasuries of America’s allies, to bribe political and military leaders, and to manipulate elections in foreign countries for more than fifty years.) Wonder if we will find out the truth in our life times ?

Last edited:
....does seem kind of fishy. ....

Finder keepers and his Dents Run claims finds "fishy things" and "Persons to muse conspiracies" over, all the time.

The exact same lineage of "sure fire proofs" are identical to the Oak Island nonsense : So too can anyone "fish through the history books" and find all sorts of "fishy proofs" that most-certainly-point to treasure at Oak Island too. But by now we all know that there's NO TREASURE THERE EITHER.

If I watch my neighborhood long enough (if my brain were already convinced of treasure), I could find all sorts of clues to link together. Ie.: I saw an armored car go by. The little old lady down the street heard suspicious noises. I saw strange lights a few nights ago. The phone rang, but went dead when I picked it up. Hmmm, I'm smelling treasure.

Not only that, but I live only 3 minutes away from the pueblo beginning ground-zero of Monterey, CA . Which dates to 1770, and is 2nd only to San Diego in age of alta CA European toe-holds.

And we *all know* those Spaniards were sneaky dudes who "hid treasure all over". And I can find curious squiggles in my backyard . Strange symmetrical shapes (the paver stones, the fence planks, etc...). And there's a curious depression in my backyard !

If you give me a few years like FK has had, I too can spin a fabulous tail, and get LEOs to dig in my back yard too. And if you doubt me, I can find all sorts of "fishy" things to support my tale. Just like O.I., D.R, etc....

Mental note to self: if you ever find a Civil War treasure, do NOT tell anyone.

Perhaps that's wise sage advice that you gleaned/learned from somewhere else.

But you did not learn it from this story. Because no one ever "found" anything here.

Or did they , who believes everything the government tell us ? May be Tom does :laughing::laughing::laughing: New article follow up on story https://www.pennlive.com/news/2021/...-lawyer-says-he-has-new-clue-in-the-case.html

David, everything you're saying (all the wonderful links) could equally be said of Area 51 and UFO's. Same as your recent link here that you just posted :

"Documents sealed" (ie.: Public can't view them). That is the "new evidence" ? That a "treasure existed and was stolen" ? That's the best you can do ?

Ok then, we can run that same logic thought-experiment past Area 51 conspiracies too : I challenge you to drive up there (or serve them with lawsuits, etc...) demanding to see all sorts of Area 51 govt. files. They will say "no" and "seal" them. RIGHT ?

Ok, then by the logic of your latest link, this simply means that : PRESTO ! The govt. is hiding UFO's there. And because, gee, you "can't trust anything the govt. says", therefore when they say "no UFO's", that simply means ALL THE MORE, that there ARE ufo's (after all, you can't trust anything they say).

Do you see how when we take your link's logic for a test drive, they fail. There is no treasure. All of FK's "proofs" have more plausible explanations.

I trust that you are just trying to rankle feathers here, and you don't really believe this Dent's run nonsense :mad:

Back
Top Bottom