• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

options for my AO

Dirt Scratcher

Hoping to purchase a MD soon and am looking at the ML Vanquish 540 ProPack. I am looking for advice on whether this model is the best option for my area of operation. I'll be hunting old homesteads mostly but also some freshwater beaches. Might take it on vacation to arizona. My area has large amounts of iron ore and also copper so I want to insure any MD I get will function adequately. Are there better options in this price range? Thanks in advance.

Hoping to purchase a MD soon and am looking at the ML Vanquish 540 ProPack. I am looking for advice on whether this model is the best option for my area of operation. I'll be hunting old homesteads mostly but also some freshwater beaches. Might take it on vacation to arizona. My area has large amounts of iron ore and also copper so I want to insure any MD I get will function adequately. Are there better options in this price range? Thanks in advance.

The Minelab Vanquish 540 Pro Pack is an excellent beginner/middle-of-the-road machine. Being multifrequency gives it a lot more in vantage over the single frequencies over targeted ID and stability. However, the Detector is not waterproof only the coils. In that price range that would be my pick.

I would strongly suggest looking at the Minelab Equinox 600. It is more expensive but it's fully waterproof and has quite a bit more power than the vanquish line. The 600 is an outstanding Detector.

Feel free to call us be glad to go over them with you!

I would also recommend an Equinox 600 due to its better separation ability, finer tuning with iron bias and adjustable recovery speed. There's also the 600's waterproofness (so Minelab claims, so to be safe, I'd just consider it weatherproof or dunk proof). You can easily get them used now for under $450. If you're patient, under $400 is reasonable.

One thing the ProPack has that's nice is the smaller 8" coil, which will help compensate for the 540's inferior recovery speed and iron bias tuning potential (compared to the Equinox 600).

Make sure you save some money in your budget for some other equipment, like a shovel or digger and pinpointer.

I own the Minelab Vanquish 540 pro pack and I absolutely love it but if you can afford it, purchase the Minelab Equinox 600. If you end up buying the Vanquish 540 you will be pleased. I'm finding lots of silvers, IHP and a ton of wheats. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom