What's the actual process to transfer a Minelab warranty?

lostcoast

Although Minelab states that the warranty is transferable, I could not find instructions on how to do it. All I know is that the online form is for new purchases only.

I sold one of my detectors recently and couldn't answer that simple question. What does a buyer of a used Minelab need to do to ensure the warranty is transferred?

I think it just goes by the serial number which should be somewhere on the detector. If it needs repair under warranty, they can see when the serial number was registered and the purchase date.

Yep, once it’s registered they can see at the shop how much warranty is left. They don’t really care who OWNS it now. But they CAN determine if a machine has been stolen if it comes to the shop for work, they run the numbers and there’s a report filed on it. So if you steal one, don’t send it to Minelab for work.;)

I bought a used Minelab 600 from a metal detecting shop a few months ago. Shop owner thought the previous owner had not registered it. So i registered it and apparently have 3 years of warranty coming.

I bought a used Minelab 600 from a metal detecting shop a few months ago. Shop owner thought the previous owner had not registered it. So i registered it and apparently have 3 years of warranty coming.

Awesome for you!!!

Although Minelab states that the warranty is transferable, I could not find instructions on how to do it. All I know is that the online form is for new purchases only.

I sold one of my detectors recently and couldn't answer that simple question. What does a buyer of a used Minelab need to do to ensure the warranty is transferred?

Keeping the original owner's receipt is a great idea for proof of purchase.

Back
Top Bottom