Finding rocks with metal detectors

Barneymartin3

How many of you have found rocks (Some call them hot rocks) while metal detecting? I have found several over the years with a metal detector and have always wondered what kind of mineral or metal is inside them. Just to make it clear I am not referring to meteorites ONLY NATIVE ROCKS AND MINERALS. If you have found an unusual rock metal detecting please share a photo and description of it. Would like to compare yours to mine and see how many different varieties there are.
P.S. If you have any rocks that you have found with a metal detector that you would like to sell please let me know. I would like to add them to my collection.

I have found far less hot rocks since I use the equinox now. But for funsies I will find one and post it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just last week I found two rocks that sounded off loudly on my Deus, so I kept them. It's unusual for me to find such things around here, so I wondered if they might be meteorites, but they don't appear to be anything other than ordinary rocks. I am curious about this too.

TONS. But to be fair I’m talking about the goldfields! Iron stone mostly but other minerals can set off a detector as well. Heck I’ve found gold nuggets so covered in ironstone that you could pick them up with a magnet!

I have a couple or a few somewhere, maybe in the shed.

Compadre got them, I think I ignore more w/ the Nox. For better or worse.

First Dig Metal Rocks

I attached a picture although it may be low resolution until I figure a way to link something higher. But this past weekend I was able to get out for the first time and just checked my yard. The two pieces in the top section of the image are rocks that were giving me signals, I had another hole that kept confusing the pinpointer with dirt, and as I would mix the dirt around it come and go.
I will try and clean them up and see what readings I get, I forgot to write down what the readings were on my Simplex.

Attachments

• First Dig Rocks.jpg
    First Dig Rocks.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 229
How many of you have found rocks (Some call them hot rocks) while metal detecting? I have found several over the years with a metal detector and have always wondered what kind of mineral or metal is inside them. Just to make it clear I am not referring to meteorites ONLY NATIVE ROCKS AND MINERALS. If you have found an unusual rock metal detecting please share a photo and description of it. Would like to compare yours to mine and see how many different varieties there are.
P.S. If you have any rocks that you have found with a metal detector that you would like to sell please let me know. I would like to add them to my collection.

All the time at the beach... they sound like a nickel or gold might sound but a little softer.. I wonder if they have any melt value :D

Back
Top Bottom