• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Honey, I shrunk the digger!! (and the coil)

John Madill

Elite Member
Wow, it just doesn't get any smaller than this! Picked up this 6" coil the other day. Only got to use it a couple of times, now it is packed up and ready to go to Florida for the winter.

Doubt it will get much use there however. Best thing about this coil is how great it pinpoints. Whatever it is chasing shows up right underneath the center.

When i was in the detector store buying it i noticed this cute little digger. Shop owner said it was $6 so i brought it home. When you get such great pinpointing this is all you need.

Brand is Wilcox All-Pro. Looked it up on Amazon and they seem to sell for between $20 & $30. Sharp and lightweight. I can carry the Garrett carrot and the digger in one hand and swing with the other. Add a nail apron for finds and it is very simple for spur of the moment hunts.

But now i know i am going to want to add the "10 Coiltek coil too.

Attachments

• EQUINOX.DIGGER.COIL.jpg
    EQUINOX.DIGGER.COIL.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 430
have a 4 in coil talk about easy pinpointing.Have a couple Wilcox trowels work great for shallower finds not to great at moving much dirt in deeper holes. Also love the 6 in coil on the Nox

Ive got the 6" also and it seperates really good. If I get to a site and it looks really trashy I put it on.

Do you mean the "stiffener", the orange gizmo at the point where the rod attaches to the coil?

Just google equinox coil stiffener and you will find them available from several vendors, $10 apiece. This one came from Prostock metal detecting in Plainwell, MI.

I really like those Wilcox trowels. I used a 201 for a few years.

I saw Al had those coil stiffeners in stock in Plainwell the other day, I think they do a good job.

--Matt

Back
Top Bottom