• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

buy an Equinox or wait for the Nokta new SMF

Ive owned two N/M machines and i was impressed with both. One i still own is the anfibio. You can switch between 3 frequencies. I really interested in their new machine. Both units ive had were really well built. The only thing im not impressed with is the coil bolt but thats minor

Theres a few new SMF detectors on the horizon, not just Nokta/makro. I'm open to trying them all out, over time. Since I discovered FBS back in 2015 or so, I've steadily had some sort of SMF. I feel I get the best results for my hunting needs with simultaneous frequency capabilities. Really looking forward to the new minelab machine, really hoping it's a slimmed down wireless form of FBS/multi-IQ. Good luck with whatever you decide!

All I ask for is a detector with the ergonomics of a Deus, the Multi-frequency of the Equinox 800, and the tones of an E-Trac and I'd be happy.

All I ask for is a detector with the ergonomics of a Deus, the Multi-frequency of the Equinox 800, and the tones of an E-Trac and I'd be happy.

Exactly

Will be interesting to see how this new Nokta sounds. If it's sparky would just stick with Equinox. New Deus seems interesting but expensive and not a lot of info yet on it.

Glad I found this thread, exactly my question. I think I'm gonna go with the proven machine, the 800. Wait and see what comes out with the new Legend, whenever it comes out.

The equinox is a tried and true machine that just plain works. We know nothing about how the Nokta will preform. I would go with the machine that’s arguably the best all around over one that hasn’t been heavily tested and proven itself.

The equinox is a tried and true machine that just plain works. We know nothing about how the Nokta will preform. I would go with the machine that’s arguably the best all around over one that hasn’t been heavily tested and proven itself.

I wouldn't say that we know nothing about how the Nokta will perform because we do know
that Nokta has a pretty good history of making pretty good machines that work and when
there are any problems they fix them pretty quickly.

So that gives us some sort of assurance that the legend has a pretty good chance of being
a really good detector. Of course, only time will tell for sure :)

I have used the Nox 800 for 3 years. Sold it to buy a new CTX3030. Buy the new XP Deus II would be my advice if you are relic hunting.

Back
Top Bottom