• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

How to clean this silver badge

Tankerhoosen

Any tips on cleaning this silver combat infantry badge? Would love to bring its shine back. 20210508_163640.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You might try Tarn-X dip. Should be able to find it at Wallyworld. It come in a brown bottle. If you have to get a little more agressive I’d try Comet and a tooth brush. Painting the blue background should be easy with a steady hand.

I'd use Eagle One Nevr Dull Magic wadding polish. You can purchase it at auto stores, hardware stores or big box department stores. I used to sell sterling silver jewelry and always carried a can or two of it for polishing up tarnished silver. It's also good on brass, stainless steel and all metals requiring a mirror finish.

I've had great results with tinfoil, boiling water and baking soda. Place it in a bowl on top of some tinfoil. Pour boiling water over and add baking soda.

First, water soak and then gentle scrub with a soft bristle toothbrush. Then gentle agitation in liquid sterling silver cleaner from Target. Comes in a maroon jar and says sterling silver on outside of jar. Find in a counter display in Target's jewelry department. His Majesty finds that most coin silver cleans within 15 seconds of agitation. Best of luck!

I'm late to the party, but that's a really nice find! I can only hope to find something like this some day. Instead all I find is the pull tabs that get left behind, or shot gun shells.

Back
Top Bottom