What is the best way to clean modern corroded pennies?

TheQuest4Gold

Hello,

Just wondering, since I've found millions of them over the years and I've never given them much thought.

Thanks
Eric

Hello,

Just wondering, since I've found millions of them over the years and I've never given them much thought.

Thanks
Eric

Soak them in CLR for a bit then rinse them thoroughly.

Corroded zincs?? I try to avoid digging them. If I do dig one, it goes in the park dumpster along with the aluminum pull tabs.

The pre 1982 (or something around there) pennies, I tumble with aquarium gravel and coinstar them at the local credit union, no fee.

Corroded zincs?? I try to avoid digging them. If I do dig one, it goes in the park dumpster along with the aluminum pull tabs.

The pre 1982 (or something around there) pennies, I tumble with aquarium gravel and coinstar them at the local credit union, no fee.
\

I dig quite a few zincolns, in hopes of IHP's. The miser, (or hoarder) in me won't let me toss them. If they're too bad to take to the bank, I work 'em back into circulation.:lol:

When I beach hunt ALL of the corroded pennies go in the same container as pull tabs and bottle tops. That container is known as the garbage can.

If they're not too far gone, I'd throw them in the nearest Coinstar machine. The ones that the Coinstar machine rejects, you can either chuck them in the nearest dumpster or send them to the nearest US mint. If they can recognize them as US coinage then they will pay you for it. However shipping costs might make this an unprofitable option.

why waste your time the electric will cost you more keep the coppers.. the rest
seed them for some other monkey or trash them
i hate all nox 800 users ....3030 ctx here ...

Back
Top Bottom