Garrett AT Pro - battery issue

ttucker

I have a Garrett AT Pro that suddenly stopped working after I put new batteries in....well it works for a few seconds and then goes nuts.

It does not detect the new batteries as being full of charge and makes tons of erratic beeping sounds as if the battery is dead. Any suggestions?

Is your coil connection tight?
Are you close to emi?
Call Garrett if need be, they repaired mine which had other issues for only $40.!
Hope you get yours fixedđź‘Ť

I know these are obvious questions, but easily overlooked. Do you have the battery pod in the correct way? Batteries inserted correctly?

ttucker: said:
I have a Garrett AT Pro that suddenly stopped working after I put new batteries in....well it works for a few seconds and then goes nuts.

It does not detect the new batteries as being full of charge and makes tons of erratic beeping sounds as if the battery is dead. Any suggestions?
You just registered yesterday and this was your first post. You called it a "battery issue", but that raises several questions, some of which have been touched upon.

• How long have you had your Garrett AT Pro?

• You stated: "... suddenly stopped working after I put new batteries in ...." , so can we presume you've owned the detector for a while and it has been working properly?

• OR .. is this a used detector you acquired, w/o batteries, and with batteries now installed it is not working properly?

If the AT Pro has been working properly and the batteries dies and you just installed new batteries, then:

→ One or more batteries were bad.
→ One or more batteries were installed backwards .. OR .. had v=been manufactured defectively and is backwards (I have seen that happen in years past).
→ One or more Battery Holder contact terminals is not making good contact with the battery.
→ The Battery Pack is not making good contact with the AT Pro terminals.

IF the detector was working properly and the only components you have handled are the battery holder and replacing used batteries, then the only logical issues would be related to the Batteries themselves, the Battery Holder and the Contact Terminals in the detector. Naturally, that includes making sure the individual batteries are at full charge and each has been installed properly and is making good contact.

Be sure to post again to let us know what the issue was.

Monte

Back
Top Bottom