Minelab may be beefing up EQX coil ears now

All the years of swinging and Ive never broke ears off any detector ive used.

In the link it is said that some people might use the detector to as a cane to get up from the ground, Well then I guess that would cause a problem. :giggle:

I guess a little thicker ears wont hurt either way. :thumbsup:

Compared to other coils Equinox ears are thin for sure, Detector Do Dads has an excellent drawing description of why the weakness is there along with a good fix, take a look.

All the years of swinging and Ive never broke ears off any detector ive used.

In the link it is said that some people might use the detector to as a cane to get up from the ground, Well then I guess that would cause a problem. :giggle:

I guess a little thicker ears wont hurt either way. :thumbsup:

I don't have the coil very far from my feet. (I'm fairly tall.) One time in the woods I tripped and somehow managed to step on the coil while my body weight and arm went sideways---not the way the hinge is supposed to go. I was surprised I didn't snap the shaft off at the coil.

I don't have the coil very far from my feet. (I'm fairly tall.) One time in the woods I tripped and somehow managed to step on the coil while my body weight and arm went sideways---not the way the hinge is supposed to go. I was surprised I didn't snap the shaft off at the coil.

Same.

I gotcha. I treat the Nox like a new born baby, unlike my whites machines the Nox (and from what I see from other manufacturers) has pretty weak construction :nono: But......... Thats the way it is :frustrated:
Ive dropped my M6 and MXT more times that I can count with no problems.
Plastic is cheaper than metal. :sweet:

Back
Top Bottom