DSCN0503.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 219
  • DSCN0520_InPixio.jpg
    DSCN0520_InPixio.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 210
  • DSCN0567_InPixio.jpg
    DSCN0567_InPixio.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 210
Smoke from the fires out west makes some kewl sunrises in Michigan..

Attachments

• IMG_2069.jpg
    IMG_2069.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 645
I've been focusing my efforts on my tree frogs, because with the colder weather moving in they won't be around much longer.

The pics are a bit deceiving, 'cause he's only about 1½" long.

8OmaM6j.jpg

FDmt3ot.jpg

Neat ! judging by that second pic it looks like they can blend in with their background pretty good !

A few more.

Nice pics, not sure if the item in the first pic is edible, but it sure looks good :lol:

Also nice composition in the sun photo, looks like the lamp pole is ready to take over for the setting sun ! (or is it the other way around ?)

I wonder if those birds know you are taking their picture :lol:

Nice pics, not sure if the item in the first pic is edible, but it sure looks good :lol:

Also nice composition in the sun photo, looks like the lamp pole is ready to take over for the setting sun ! (or is it the other way around ?)

I wonder if those birds know you are taking their picture :lol:

That is bittersweet,they open like that with the first frost,it was 80 degrees that day.

Sun rise,that was the effect from the fires out west.

Got some more.

Attachments

• DSCN0760.jpg
    DSCN0760.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 202
  • K1024_DSCN0726.jpg
    K1024_DSCN0726.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 203
  • K1024_DSCN0744.jpg
    K1024_DSCN0744.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 197
  • K1024_DSCN0749_InPixio.jpg
    K1024_DSCN0749_InPixio.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 197
  • K1024_DSCN0784.jpg
    K1024_DSCN0784.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 200
  • K1024_DSCN0789.jpg
    K1024_DSCN0789.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 197
Thanks bruddah, who would have ever thought we'd be taking such cool pictures with our telephones...

Wow, had no idea that was taken with your phone, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised as my phone has a 13MP camera (not bad, though I know some phones can have over 40MP), I'll have to start watching for neat shots to take too !

Wow, had no idea that was taken with your phone, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised as my phone has a 13MP camera (not bad, though I know some phones can have over 40MP), I'll have to start watching for neat shots to take too !

Yeah I cover so many miles behind the wheel and on foot at work, I inevitably come across some cool opportunities. I usually take the picture to share with my kiddos..

This is was taken in the aftermath of a chaotic ice storm. I was taken back by the peace it brought too, no traffic, everyone feels forced to stay indoors..

Attachments

• IMG_20201017_115713.jpg
    IMG_20201017_115713.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 229
Yeah I cover so many miles behind the wheel and on foot at work, I inevitably come across some cool opportunities. I usually take the picture to share with my kiddos..

This is was taken in the aftermath of a chaotic ice storm. I was taken back by the peace it brought too, no traffic, everyone feels forced to stay indoors..

Cool shot !!!! (pun intended, but cool in the neat sense too :lol:)

When I was a kid and lived up north I liked how peaceful it was after a heavy snowstorm, of course after doing my share of shoveling snow back then and now living in the south I kinda don't miss the snow now :lol:
:lotsasnow::snowing:

well I sure do like photography , i mean what is the not to like ? colorful world and beautiful shots ? im just glad i can see these things and im not blind but being a photographer is something totally different for me. its very expensive and its art ! many might not get your point of view and if you wanna make a living you have to be good ! even better than those who are currently dead ! so yea i like looking at it ! i took a color vision test and i had an excellent eye for blue-ish colors !

Last edited:
A lot of great photos posted here recently :clapping:

I'm not sure if I've asked this before, but I wonder how many have gone down the mirrorless route ?
I shall probably wait until the new year before buying either a Z 6ii or Z 7ii.

You can't beat a bit of retail therapy :lol:

GOD Bless America

Chris

Attachments

• DSCN0688.jpg
    DSCN0688.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCN0660_InPixio.jpg
    DSCN0660_InPixio.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCN0626.jpg
    DSCN0626.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCN0618.jpg
    DSCN0618.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCN0635.jpg
    DSCN0635.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 120
  • DSCN0744.jpg
    DSCN0744.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 118
  • DSCN0760.jpg
    DSCN0760.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 113
  • K1024_DSCN0789.jpg
    K1024_DSCN0789.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 118
Great set of pictures Chris. I'm just waiting until I am able to get out again.
Hopefully it won't be too long now.
The new camera has been put on hold for now, as there seemed to be little
point in spending a lot of money on something I was unable to use.

These are pictures of birds taken in our garden. Not a great selection, and
a lot of duplicates, but I was just making the best of some sunshine :)

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmUwHEFS

Great set of pictures Chris. I'm just waiting until I am able to get out again.
Hopefully it won't be too long now.
The new camera has been put on hold for now, as there seemed to be little
point in spending a lot of money on something I was unable to use.

These are pictures of birds taken in our garden. Not a great selection, and
a lot of duplicates, but I was just making the best of some sunshine :)

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmUwHEFS

Thanks mate. Weather is going to break into the 50's next week,I'll be getting out more also,metal detecting,fishing,and my Nikon is uniform of the day.:lol:

I call those starlings winged wolves..pack hunters,they eat anything.

Love photography! But I havent had a really good camera in a long time. All my "toy money" has gone into music equipment, metal detectors and guns these past few years. I did take a few nice pics last year with my lousy old cell phone.

What are the advantages of a mirrorless system? I've been told that they are quieter, and I see that the camera is less bulky, but are there other, more important advantages that I'm not aware of?

For taking pictures of my coins or plants, quieter doesn't matter, but if I'm taking pictures of Japanese hornets, it might. I just hope that opportunity doesn't present itself anytime soon. :)

-- Tom

Back
Top Bottom