• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Explain your Username

Dick Young is a fictional detective I made up in my mind on one of those days I had way to much idle time on my hands.One of the reasons I,m saving up for my detector!

What better hobby for a "detect"ive than to get a "detect"or ? :laughing:

Good one!Thanks man!Dick.

......well, after all us detectorists are kinda like detectives, we use our detectors to give us a clue as to what target might be in the dirt before we dig :laughing:

Mine was made up by me in 1999 and since then used several times over, stolen by a games card manufacturer and miss spelt to avoid me suing them and an artist who thinks he can still use it and forget he stole it.

It was basically to say a thing that changes its shape in a dark and menecing manner....something to be weary of but also something to be admired.

Also sounds good for a dark cartoon or comic hero:yes:

Dark Charmeleon :lol:

MARRO is Spanish for sledgehammer. My name is actually Mario. People think its a play on my real name but i was given that nickname because i have a huge head...so big that apparently a doctor was concerned about it. my grand father poked fun about that and just said (in Spanish) "he's just a hammerhead ".
Here i am 40 years later... i think it stuck.

My nick name has been some version or another of Paulie for over 30 years. We moved to St Petersburg FL recently and I had been trying to make it feel like home....So....I merged the names....I guess it's worked somewhat. I was surprised no one else had the name. I mean it's such a cool name and all.

Barnacle13 comes from the fact that my outward appearance is rough and gruff, but inside I'm kinda squishy and warm. Throw my favorite lucky, unlucky number in for good measure and you have Barnacle13!

Last edited:
When I was a kid and we went to chinese restaurants, they had those placemats with the Chinese zodiac on them. And since I am born in 1972 for years I thought I was born in the Year of the Rat. But later I came to find out I was actually born at the end of the Year of the Pig, just before Chinese New Year. In addition to the animal zodiac they use, the Chinese also have a system of elements which also runs in larger cycles. So I am not just a pig....I'm a Metal Pig!

in the 80's I was in LA, Phoenix, and a few other spots following my rock singer dream. I needed a stage name and a movie starring Jon Cryer came out called "hiding out". while he was sitting in a school administration office they asked him his name... his reply stuck with me... he looked over at a coffee can and said, " max....well....hous...er" so my stage name became Max Houser. I resurected it a few years ago to become hidden on FB from a few clingy ex's... my real name is 99

The first part was my Dad's nickname plus so far I have only detected on the beach. The second part is my other hobby. I have a 1970 442 convertible.

Back
Top Bottom