Explain your Username

Pilar is me & Mike is my husband...
My avatar is a pic of my daddy when we went fishing. He passed away quite suddenly this last December. I used to go MDing w/ my daddy when I was about 3. Mostly it was my job to step on the divits, he explained how important it was. I still have one of his screw drivers he used to probe & mark his spot. I wish I knew what happened to the bayonet he cut the holes with. Those memories are what made me get my first detector. My husband got the MD for me for my birthday to help me not be so sad. Every time I go out I'm with him. My mamma loves seeing all the junk we dig up... she and I sat there "spitting" on pennies I dug up one day :) Daddy said it helps you see the date :)

That is a great story Pilar and I am sorry for your loss. I work with my dad every day and he is getting up there in age(73) and I find myself worrying about him often.

my nickname came from the name of the company that built a custom frame for my Harley Davidson I wanted to stretch....

I am very dumb and with no imagination used my last name:dumb:But it is an extremely rare last name only given by the Queen to the most handsome men in the kingdom.:laughing:

This has been my online name for over 16 years, I used to drink a 12 pack a day of Diet Mountain Dew, I quit the Dew 1.5 years ago, turns out its bad for you!....lol That first month I quit was a killer!! Haven't touched a Dew since. But I still keep the name :)

MatMit

When I was a kid, I couldn't say my full name, which is Matt Schmidt.
So instead, when people asked my name I said Mat Mit.
One of my favorite uncles still calls me this, 40 years later!
My avatar is my 1968 Mustang, born the same year as me:D

Mine is roob= ruben for short
47 are the last two numbers given to me by a department that has made me the man i am today , i will never forget......ROOB47

Just my name and age when I registered. The avatar is the first animated GIF I've made (well, about the 14th attempt, most were reject because of the size restraints). It was a giant, cicada killer wasp, one of three that terrorized my backyard last summer. Being around 2 inches long, and sort of aggressive, sort of interesting to photograph and film.

Username is from other forums.

I have cactus and rats in my yard. For me, when reading it, it brings images of hot and dry places, like where I live.:tumbleweed:

It's what i say when i get done digging hundreds of junk targets.Then score a ring.Lately i been saying" itsajunkring!":laughing:

Well, the year was 1990 and I was a young and strong lad in search of my destiny. One day I was walking down the street minding my own affairs when an old wizened gizzard leading a mule stopped me and said "Young man, pull tabs are the gold of the future" and then, just like that, he walked off into the sunset.

I've been digging those suckers out of the ground ever since...

I metal detect in the ozark mountains, so I call myself Ozarks and write a blog under Ozarks Detector :)

Back
Top Bottom