• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Garrett Pro Pointer problem-broken coil

Stasysba

All Garrett Pro Pointers users, if your Pro Pointer tip is very sensitive to push and bending you have broken coil--send it back to Garrett for change!
Be very careful with your Pro Pointers, NEVER USE ANY FORCE on Garrett Pro Pointers. Garrett use very fragile plastic rod inside Pro Pointers coils, its very easy to brake it. look photo how looks broken Garrett coil.
I am very interested why Garrett use so easy to brake plastic rods in the coils construction???
I hope will get from Garrett few new coils for free even if my warranty ended, but European partners disagree with my opinion :mad:
What do you think? who is write?

Attachments

• IMG_2588.JPG
    IMG_2588.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 4,072
I've said many times before and will say it again the Propointer is for Pinpointing not shoving into the dirt and using as a Digging or dirt pushing tool , even though they say it has a scraping blade built on it Common sense tells you to use it as it is made for , not saying you abused it just stating it is a pinpointer not a pry-bar or dirt pushing tool Hope they fix it for you but who knows!!!

I've said many times before and will say it again the Propointer is for Pinpointing not shoving into the dirt and using as a Digging or dirt pushing tool , even though they say it has a scraping blade built on it Common sense tells you to use it as it is made for , not saying you abused it just stating it is a pinpointer not a pry-bar or dirt pushing tool Hope they fix it for you but who knows!!!
Thanks Dirtfisher, your point about scraping blade is very good, why Garrett made it? From what I can see coil absolutely cant hold banding--very fragile, another issue that coil in case sitting glued with some sort plastic black glue, similar feeling like hot glue, but coils in different Pro Pointers glued differently, one side more glue around coil in another not much... so logicaly thinking from one side pro pointer coil is less protected than another and can brake much more faster. European repair center said its not Garrett problem... and coil cost 33Euro! This is made me mad... Hope US Garrett will sort this misunderstanding...

I own two of them and bought both used and have had zero problems with either one . Good Luck and I hope you get the issue resolved

These things are made cheap. Garrett should waive the warranty period and replace one when ever it needs to be.

Is that a plastic core... or a ferrite core ??

Ferrite may be more brittle then plastic.
You absolutely right CopyTech its looks like ferrite core, but not plastic, but its painted with conductive shielding paint. Coil in Garrett pro pointer have to be better protected.

From what I can see and have been told, the coil in the PP is made of basically a magnet rod, with copper wire spun around it.

Back
Top Bottom