Been waiting for the right time to get out and detect but. . .

Pennyfinder

Elite Member
The kiddos are out of school until Tuesday the 23rd for spring break. And our area will be having rain off and on all this week -- some storms likely severe on Wednesday and Thursday! 😠

The temps will be in the right range upper 60s to mid 70s. And it'll be too wet to metal detect just dandy! 😠

Never to wet to go detecting. Get your machine and get out there. Wet ground is some of the best detecting I think.

I can appreciate what you are saying, we are supposed to have a fairly rainy week this week.

.......I like that it will make the ground extra moist and better for detecting, but I have to wait for the ground to get where it is not way too soggy, our ground is saturated enough that sometimes we can have puddles in the grass that might last for hours after it stops raining :lol: but that is usually when we have several days of rain in a row like this week is supposed to be.

....but hey, Spring is starting soon and there'll be more milder temperature days ahead, so stay encouraged !

Well I did get out today probably the last chance before the weekend. . .

I spent a couple of hours at a school ground because the kids are out for spring break. It wasn't what I call a fruitful hunt -- more like a boring hunt! I only found $0.39 (plus 2 pennies found in the bottom of my bag from another hunt sometime), a button and a couple pull tabs! But at least it is sunny and pretty for now probably in the seventies. But at 8 a.m. in the morning they're saying we will be under the gun for severe thunderstorms possible hail and possible tornadoes for the rest of the day and probably on Thursday as well. Good day to sit in the apartment and watch TV -- YouTube metal detecting videos if I have power and crochet. I could lose the power if the weather gets too severe!

Last edited:
with ya on the rain and tornado threats... tomorrow and into thursday... by the time I get out this weekend it will be wet ground and mud... but I'll take a few days of rain over this pollen situation... the pines are letting go and the rain is the only answer!

with ya on the rain and tornado threats... tomorrow and into thursday... by the time I get out this weekend it will be wet ground and mud... but I'll take a few days of rain over this pollen situation... the pines are letting go and the rain is the only answer!

Yeah I hear ya! LOUD AND CLEAR!

yep, down here in the Royal Realm there is talk by the weathermen of the possibility of heavy rain and tornados starting at noon on Wednesday, but ending by 6 pm...it is supposed to blow through here quickly. Maybe it will rain itself out before it gets to ya over in Tennessee! Best of luck there, Pennyfinder! KT finally got started CRHing again, so today His Majesty sat around and watched some half dollar CRHing on YouTube...kinda boring not doing it Himself! :laughing::laughing:

yep, down here in the Royal Realm there is talk by the weathermen of the possibility of heavy rain and tornados starting at noon on Wednesday, but ending by 6 pm...it is supposed to blow through here quickly. Maybe it will rain itself out before it gets to ya over in Tennessee! Best of luck there, Pennyfinder! KT finally got started CRHing again, so today His Majesty sat around and watched some half dollar CRHing on YouTube...kinda boring not doing it Himself! :laughing::laughing:

Hi KT! Thanks! I hope we don't get too severe of weather. I don't like storms but at least it's in the daytime. I hate it when we're under tornado watches at night when it's dark out and can't see anything. At least I'm on the bottom floor of a three-story building. Plenty of hallways to get into that have block walls in them with no windows if it gets too bad! and my bathroom is an interior room and me and my dogs can certainly get in the bathtub if we have to I have cages for both of them.

Hi KT! Thanks! I hope we don't get too severe of weather. I don't like storms but at least it's in the daytime. I hate it when we're under tornado watches at night when it's dark out and can't see anything. At least I'm on the bottom floor of a three-story building. Plenty of hallways to get into that have block walls in them with no windows if it gets too bad! and my bathroom is an interior room and me and my dogs can certainly get in the bathtub if we have to I have cages for both of them.

Hey, Pennyfinder! It's good to have a plan! His Majesty agrees! :D:D

Pennyfinder? Did you survive? We are having some mighty fine weather right now for some MDing, but KT's Royal Knees are shot. At least He has managed to get the CRHing started back up!:laughing::laughing:

Yep I survived! My general area did not have any of the most severe weather that occurred around my area. We've had plenty of rain the last couple of days so I've not been able to get out and detect. But I plan to next week if the weather permits. The temps are great as they are in the 70s for the most part!

Yep I survived! My general area did not have any of the most severe weather that occurred around my area. We've had plenty of rain the last couple of days so I've not been able to get out and detect. But I plan to next week if the weather permits. The temps are great as they are in the 70s for the most part!

Great to hear! We had a bit of rain yesterday but all the bad weather went south of us, so it is a beautiful day out today! Best of luck on your upcoming hunts!

Back
Top Bottom